kx250f or yz 125

Which would win in a drag race? A 05' kx250f or a yz 125 newer model ( think an 05 but no younger than a 04)

Depends on who is riding it.. :thumbsup:

the 125 will win, i almost got wooped on by and 85, the 6th gear helps alot on those bikes

Dont ask us. Race them then tell us.

250F. Plain and simple. I know from expierence.

Yeah, 250F for sure. :thumbsup:

A 250f can pull a 250 on a holeshot!!!

all i know is an 03 yz125 and 03yz250 the 125 won. they guy i raced is a way better rider than i was.

where have u guys been for the last few years that 4 bangers have been round

if 2 strokes were faster pplz wouldnt have ditched em for 4 bangers would they...

My KX125 was made for a factory rider and hase frickn engine mods iv never even heard of lol.

but i still rekn the kxf would beat it.

who cares, these are motocross bikes, not drag racers. as far as holeshots the 250f has the advantage, but a 125 is still plenty capable at the amatuer level with the right rider.

who cares, these are motocross bikes, not drag racers. as far as holeshots the 250f has the advantage, but a 125 is still plenty capable at the amatuer level with the right rider.

Hit the nail on the head :thumbsup:

you can do a top end on a two stroke for less than the cost of two 250F valves. The average joe thinks he needs a thumper because that's all the pros race. From my experience 125's handle better while 250Fs are faster in a straight line. Four strokes however, are not worth the hassle of all their mantenace, or repair costs IMO.

you can do a top end on a two stroke for less than the cost of two 250F valves. The average joe thinks he needs a thumper because that's all the pros race. From my experience 125's handle better while 250Fs are faster in a straight line. Four strokes however, are not worth the hassle of all their mantenace, or repair costs IMO.

i wanted my 4 banger for 2 reasons...

1)A change from 2 stroke

2)Caus ill do what i frickn want, and dont care what others say....

Yes that may cost more, but u carnt run a 2 stroke on one rebuild for half as long as a propally maintained 4 banger.

I still own my KX125 aswell and trust me, the 4 banger handles better!! and goes quicker...

2006 KX250F 2002 KX125

:thumbsup:

Yes that may cost more, but u carnt run a 2 stroke on one rebuild for half as long as a propally maintained 4 banger.QUOTE]

I wouldn't know, I don't ride a Jap bike. The Zooks and the Kawi 125's are supposed to have crappy top end life, but that's just what I've heard.

And you're comparing apples to apples how? Your 250F is brand spanking new with Showa suspension and aluminum frame. Your 125 is an 02 w/ the old kayaba stuff and a steel frame.

AS well as your 250F smokes your 125, an 05 YZ or SX is in another league compared to your 125.

Yes that may cost more, but u carnt run a 2 stroke on one rebuild for half as long as a propally maintained 4 banger.QUOTE]

I wouldn't know, I don't ride a Jap bike. The Zooks and the Kawi 125's are supposed to have crappy top end life, but that's just what I've heard.

And you're comparing apples to apples how? Your 250F is brand spanking new with Showa suspension and aluminum frame. Your 125 is an 02 w/ the old kayaba stuff and a steel frame.

AS well as your 250F smokes your 125, an 05 YZ or SX is in another league compared to your 125.

Dude my 125 is ex factory and has never exceeded 15 hours on a rebuild, and 6 hours on a ring, never blown up or broken down, except for falling off breakiges. but i see ur point with the suspention.

And just to add, i smoked a 05 SX125 on the straight at my track, and they go like all F%#K...

one more think, how do u relate a zook with my 125, they totally different!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk:

[quote name=sxy rider 39

I wouldn't know, I don't ride a Jap bike.QUOTE]

so what do u ride then?

I hate it when some dipshit with a crap bike finds out ive got a 2005 KX250 and goes "err lets drag race" THEY ARE NOT DRAG BIKES!!!! they are equiped with short range gear boxes cause in normal conditions, which is a MX track, straights are rarley very long. to answer the question. The KX250F will leave the YZ125 behind!. four strokes just pull for so much longer.

ok man i take u on man

I hate it when some dipshit with a crap bike finds out ive got a 2005 KX250 and goes "err lets drag race" THEY ARE NOT DRAG BIKES!!!! they are equiped with short range gear boxes cause in normal conditions, which is a MX track, straights are rarley very long. to answer the question. The KX250F will leave the YZ125 behind!. four strokes just pull for so much longer.

exacly....

thats what im getting at.

i dont rekn my 250f would go over 110km or 70mph or whatever it is in miles.

i dont really care anyway, id rather enjoy myself on my bike than worry bout how fast the frickn thing goes.

lets say we all settle with RIDE ON :thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk:

i hav a 06 kxf 250 and the top end is port and polish and has a bills pipes on it and the whole motor has been work and and it puts out 45 horses at the rear wheel