MSR Fork support

i think that's the correct company.. it's black.. does anyone use one of these when they tie their bike down ? is it worth it ? I only travel about 10 miles each way to ride.. .. some ppl wonder why i even trailer. i just want to save my knobs.. thats why .... plus i don't like riding a bike in the woods and then having to ride it home w/o transportation around if something goes wrong.. ?

someone said to use a partially deflated basketball b/t the tire and fender .. anyone ever do that ? thanks..

I use one.

I found that when I tied my bike in the bed of my pickup the front end would bounce up and down as I drove and eventually the bars would get crossed up and the bike would be loose. I never had any problem with the bike falling out or anything like that, but for peace of mind I like using the support, I can crank down on the straps and know that the front end will stay put.

You can get the MSR Fork Support for $20+ or get this one for $9.99. I have both and they're nearly indistinguishable.

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?prodFamilyId=9521&navTitle=Trailer+Accessories&pageLinkUri=&webCatId=21&vehicleType=&priceRange=allPrices&webTypeId=110&brandId=allBrands&navType=type

I like using a fork support because I can get the bikes tied-down super tight and leave them that way all night if I want.

I use one.....Don't like leaving the forks compressed too much on a long trip and we almost lost a mates 05 yz450 just a week ago. It leaned right over around a corner cos the forks were allowed to sink lower with the weight of the bike pushing down on them, (allowing the straps to slide on the bars).Lucky they were good quality tie downs or his bike would have had some road rash. I wont travel without mine now. ?