works suspension

I have a bike that I bought that has KYB Works Kit stickers on the folks. How can I tell if it has a works kit installed or if it is just stock with fancy stickers?

What stickers and how old is the bike? Pro Circuit used to mark the forks on the bottom with an ID number on my KX's. Enzo who did my YZ's puts there sticker on it and gives you paperwork. I've seen Race Tech mark the Left fork(sitting on bike) with a sticker on the top with the settings.

Really hard to say for sure unless you get into your forks or PC stamped them. If you didn't get paperwork with the bike when you bought it then there is no certain way to tell by looking at the outside.

What stickers and how old is the bike? Pro Circuit used to mark the forks on the bottom with an ID number on my KX's. Enzo who did my YZ's puts there sticker on it and gives you paperwork. I've seen Race Tech mark the Left fork(sitting on bike) with a sticker on the top with the settings.

Really hard to say for sure unless you get into your forks or PC stamped them. If you didn't get paperwork with the bike when you bought it then there is no certain way to tell by looking at the outside.

The bike is a 05 YZ125. The decals on the folks say Pro Circuit and KYB works kit.

I bought this bike from a dealer and he told me that it was a practice bike for some pro in NC and this guy was sponsored by Pro Circuit. When I talked to the guy I got it from he had a amnesia attack and didn't remember anything. I called and e-mailed Pro Circuit and they wouldn't talk to me. I went to a guy at the track who works on these things and he wanted 555.00 to put lighter springs in.

I have asked about this here and on another site and you are the first to respond to my question, so thanks for the reply.

Is there a way to tell what I have other than sending it to Pro Circuit?

All I need is some suggestions on how to get the bike to handle better for the lighter rider that now owns the bike. He ended up crashing at his last race and broke his arm so I still have a little time before he gets all healed up. He is around 115/120 and the bike was said to be set up for a 150 lb rider. Sorry for the long drawn out post I am a Virginia red neck and it takes awhile to get things out.LOL ?

No worries Olddude.

FIRST OFF!!!!!!!! Stay the hell away from the guy that wants to charge you $555 to re-spring that bike. Thats absolutely a RIP OFF. ? IF he is gonna revalve and respring that is a whole different story. Should only cost no more than $100-125 to respring, plus you should get like a $50 core for your old springs. Find out exactly what is gonna be done for $555.

Now if it really was worked by Pro Circuit, either the caps on the top of the fork will be stamped or look on the bottom. Somewhere on those forks PC will put there mark. Also if PC did respring it with there KYB springs they are marked at the top of the fork springs.

Call Pro Circuit they have always been really cool with me. Tell them what you have and ask the tech if they can talk to Bones. Bones Bacon runs there suspension side and he is a really cool dude. Make sure you are callin PC not a PC rep out east. Go online and get the number- ProCircuit.com. Email is a waste...too many.

Last thing to rember is that certain graphic kits come with fork stickers. Like N-styles Yamaha of Troy kit comes with Enzo Kayaba stickers for your forks. Anyone can slap those on, so stickers don't mean anything.

Thanks... I had already figured out that what he wanted was a rip-off. When I was talking to the guy I explained to him that I really didn't know what I needed, I just knew something was wrong with the bike and told him what I had and he said he would re-spring it for his weight. I asked about the old springs and he said he kept them but I could pay for them if I so chose. I wanted the old springs because he's young and the way they grow at 14 he will probably be 150 before the summer is out.I didn't think too much about it at the time because they had just hauled off my kid to the hospital and I was more worried about him than springs on the bike. After I had a chance to let it sink in I knew he was playing me for a rookie that didn't know any better.

I do want the bike to work right and I wanted the old springs but I couldn't see paying for the springs I already own ?

When I look at the table that is in the yammie book it appears that 120 is at the lower end of the range for the stock folks. When looking at the picture they have in the book it would appear that you would have enough range on the clickers to adjust it down to 120 lbs. Is there any truth to this or will I have to re-spring this bike for the light weight?

I have been a marine mechanic for 25 years and feel I could do a lot of this work but I know there are tricks to every trade and I know my limits and if you cant find the parts no matter how good a mechanic you are you can't fix anything.

I didn't have much luck with PC. I called several times and left messages but they never called back for me to explain anything to them. Maybe I'll try again sometime. Thanks ?

Sorry for the hijack attempt ?:bonk: Didn't mean no harm by it but I have asked about this several times with no response. I was just trying to take advantage of what I could get while I could get it.LOL Hey...do they shoot hijackers here? ?