Sign in to follow this  

Whitlock responds to fuel problem.

So why was RC's fuel out of spec in the first place? :thumbsup:

Did someone at the Team Suzuki pit dump their playbike gas in the race gas?

Well with so much power on the 450, they should just buy pump gas. Then there is no way anyone can say that the fuel doesn't meet the leaded or unleaded rule. It better pass, because every motorcar driven today, calls for unleaded.

I think the only solution is that we request the company [AMA] to accept the idea of having a fuel supplier and everyone agrees to use this fuel, and this fuel supplier agrees to be the official fuel supplier for the AMA Motocross and Supercross championship. [/Quote]

I think (my opinion) is that the AMA is trying to extort money from the fuel suppliers by forcing someone into buying the series sponsorship. If they only wanted everyone to be equal, they could just bring in a truck of unleaded pump gas, distribute it and test it afterwards.....IF anybody protests.

from what I heard pump gas is way over the limit on lead.

what would happen to a privateer who couldn't afford race gas.

Well with so much power on the 450, they should just buy pump gas. Then there is no way anyone can say that the fuel doesn't meet the leaded or unleaded rule. It better pass, because every motorcar driven today, calls for unleaded.

No, that would almost guarantee an illegal fuel. "Unleaded" pump gas can be up to .02 lead content by law. It does not mean it IS, but It CAN be....so to the AMA, ALOT of "unleaded pump gas" is ILLEGAL fuel.....which shows just how IGNORANT and STUPID the AMA is when it comes to stuff like this.....

If Steve Whitelock thinks anyone is buying that load of manure his is selling, then he has the IQ of a rock!!!

If Steve Whitelock thinks anyone is buying that load of manure his is selling, then he has the IQ of a rock!!!

He did not say what the advantage was for RC. The limit was set in 2000. When nost bikes in SX were two stroke. They should have re-evaluated the limit for four stroke bikes. They did not, no the AMA is punishing a four stroke rider for using gas that would only help a two stroke.

The factory teams have asked several times that this rule be ammended. And that the points deductions be more reasonable. RC was fined 25 points on a night he only earned 22, why not just DQ the rider than take -3 away.

This is a quote from formers AMA Pro Tom Shields, i think he makes a great point.

I'm going to go outside the box a minute. There is a secondary issue here.

When a NASCAR driver is penalized with a deduction of points, is that driver out of the series? No, because the points system does not ruin someone if they have one bad race. But it is the percent/ratio that does not fit at all.

As an example from NASCAR. Tony Stewart scored 6533 points in 2005. In 36 races that is an average of over 181 points per event. In this example, if NASCAR docked Tony Stewart the same percent as RC, that is 18% (RC 'had 140 points). NASCAR does not dock someone 1100 points. Maybe 50 points at most. Its the punishment that does not fit the crime here.

But in Nascar there is still a fair amount of cheating going on. Knaus has gotten caught what 5 times now cheating, and thats just the times hes been caught, who knows how often he cheats. The punishment obviously isn't enough to stop him from doing it.

I can't belive how much, yelling, screaming, paranoia, accusations, finger pointing and hatred this whole mess has created and that's only on the message boards.

After reading the AMA's position and why they did what they did I think their decision is the right one. They had no choice. The time to sort this mess out was two season's ago. Precendent's have been created and have to be followed.

The rule might not be right or fair but it is the rule and has to be enforced until it is changed.

The only problem I see with the mess is that there is no right of appeal. Surely any penalty should have a right of appeal on reasonable grounds. Not just appealing until you get a decision you like.

It might hurt Ricky this year, but that is what had to happen to get something done about it. It's like everyone talking about a bad bit of road and nothing is done until someone finally dies.

Everyone needs to calm down and look at this rationally.

It was mentioned to Whitelock that Roger DeCoster, the Makita Suzuki team manager, had gone out of his way to make sure everyone knew that Ricky Carmichael was no cheater. Whitelock responded, “I fully understand that, and I fully agree with that, and any inkling in the back of my mind that Yamaha and Chad Reed and David Vuillemin and Tyson Hadsell were cheaters has totally and absolutely been erased, and any inkling that in the back of my mind about Michael Byrne and Kawasaki and James Stewart has been totally erased. I feel the fault belongs somewhere else.”

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but, if he doesn't think the teams or the riders are cheaters and the fault belongs somewhere else then I don't see any justification for penalizing anyone.

How did the fuel get out of spec? :thumbsup:

Did someone at Suzuki forget to test it with their AMA test-kit? :thumbsup:

If Suzuki DID check the fuel and it showed ok with their AMA test-kit, why isn't anyone complaining about the test-kit? :bonk:

I can't belive how much, yelling, screaming, paranoia, accusations, finger pointing and hatred this whole mess has created and that's only on the message boards.

After reading the AMA's position and why they did what they did I think their decision is the right one. They had no choice.

The time to sort this mess out was two years ago when it was first brought up, not stick your head in the sand and keep having the same problem crop up over and over. The teams are not cheating with fuel, why detune the 450's then try to make them faster with fuel. THAT is why there is a uproar about this now, beacuse AMA PRO RACING is clueless. You can't even call them dumb rednecks, because even the rednecks in NASCAR are smart enought to grow their sport to the largest in the US now.

we have to address the problem and we need to come up with a solution,

I love this part, he admits they have a problem but they'll worry about it later (again) even though it effects a riders championship.

“The performance-enhancing part? There probably isn’t any there.

Once again admitting, it was a 2 smoke rule and has no bearing on a thumper performance but again we'll just look the other way.

Just because they nailed CR & JS they'll nail RC doesn't cut it this time, it's not a performance issue and needs to be addressed as so.

The FIM mandates the fuel we use, didn't they originally set the CC limit to 450 that we adopted? Now, the tracks are going to a sweep'n FIM style track and they're using the "thumper theory" for the change to track design, I'm starting to wonder what the AMA does for racing, just watchdog FIM rules?

This is funny shit. Its a rule, follow it or be penalized, when any of the other 6 teams mentioned in the article were penalized did you care then or is it just because your beloved RC got penalized?

It really isnt that hard to make sure you get your gas right... I mean someone messed up, just like on the other teams, pay the price same as the rest.

On a side note I am really astonished RC is whining about this like he is and basicly saying he is done with this season... waaaaah waaaaah I got my hand smacked so I am not gunna play with you guys anymore.

drama drama drama

WOMEN I TELL YOU!

WOMEEEEEEEEEN!!!

when JS and CR got penalized were they on 2 strokes?

just wondering.

If they were, that is cheating...on the 4 stroke it is just a hoop to jump through with no advantage.

when JS and CR got penalized were they on 2 strokes?

just wondering.

If they were, that is cheating...on the 4 stroke it is just a hoop to jump through with no advantage.

I think both JS and Cr were on two strokes when they were penalized.

And the quote about the drama. Are you kidding me. I would think that RC would get a multi-million dollar bonus for winning the sx championship. I would say that is a good reason to bitch about the penalty.