Boyseen Quick Shot Accelerator Pump..what do you think?

I bought a quick shot accelerator pump cover and was wondering if I am going to see a difference my friend told me to buy it over a power now valve so i bought it..the only other intake mod on the bike is an UNI air filter so I am wondering if its gonna be noticable..thanks in advance guys

well i put the powernow and + on and it did not seem to make any difference. i was told that if you have other mods done you then will see a difference with it. i heard the quickshot helps also, but nothing outragous. if you have not yet get a pipe. i found a nearly new pro circut low boy ti system that made a great differnce. on hills i dont have to downshift as much and it is just great. but you probably have a pipe already.

no unfortunately i dont have a pipe yet cause im only 15 and am waiting for summer to roll around so i can get some money for the pipe cause im going to start racing my bike often and i wanna be able to have a lil more of a chance since everyone at the track has tons of mods

Honestly I personally think u waisted ur money! I think there a gimmick! U can get ur bike to respond and run awesome by not being lazy and spend asome time jetting it! Just my opinion! Also I have to agree about the Power Now there as big of a joke as there is on the market!

Hey CRF150Joe,

I figured I would offer my 2 cents. I am 16 and have raced for 4 years. 3 years actually doing a series and half serious about it. I too am limited on cash as a teenager, so I try to spend as wisely as I can. Work your butt off pal, do all the dirty work no one wants to, and before you know it, you have your pipe and a lot of other cool mods. I cut grass, weedwack, wash cars, and yes, I even clean. Yes I clean a real-estate building and an apartment complex. It's money right? Just do whatever you can, because when u buy stuff yourself, you will take better care of it and appreciate it so much. My dad is awesome and helps me with the really big stuff, but I do as much as I can. I sacrifice a lot of time for my racing. I myself like to work really hard and earn as much cash as I can, putting it in the bank or a safe spot as it comes, and as hard as it seems, try not to count it. Then after about a month, count it up! You will see how much you can get and its awesome to know you can go on a slight shopping spree. One last thing, remember your dirtbike and work aren't the only thing that matters. It took a couple of my friends to talk me into saving five bucks for the movies and leaving the garage for once. Dont sacrifice your other "loves"! Sorry about the long post, just wanted to share my thoughts. And remember, it may seem bad to be a teenager, but when u beat the old guys, u never want to grow up! Have fun and be safe, and read everything on here, a lot of good info, and other kids our age! Later

Hey CRF150Joe,

I figured I would offer my 2 cents. I am 16 and have raced for 4 years. 3 years actually doing a series and half serious about it. I too am limited on cash as a teenager, so I try to spend as wisely as I can. Work your butt off pal, do all the dirty work no one wants to, and before you know it, you have your pipe and a lot of other cool mods. I cut grass, weedwack, wash cars, and yes, I even clean. Yes I clean a real-estate building and an apartment complex. It's money right? Just do whatever you can, because when u buy stuff yourself, you will take better care of it and appreciate it so much. My dad is awesome and helps me with the really big stuff, but I do as much as I can. I sacrifice a lot of time for my racing. I myself like to work really hard and earn as much cash as I can, putting it in the bank or a safe spot as it comes, and as hard as it seems, try not to count it. Then after about a month, count it up! You will see how much you can get and its awesome to know you can go on a slight shopping spree. One last thing, remember your dirtbike and work aren't the only thing that matters. It took a couple of my friends to talk me into saving five bucks for the movies and leaving the garage for once. Dont sacrifice your other "loves"! Sorry about the long post, just wanted to share my thoughts. And remember, it may seem bad to be a teenager, but when u beat the old guys, u never want to grow up! Have fun and be safe, and read everything on here, a lot of good info, and other kids our age! Later

You sound like you are very mature and have your head on straight for a 16 year old! :thumbsup: Keep it up!

no unfortunately i dont have a pipe yet cause im only 15 and am waiting for summer to roll around so i can get some money for the pipe cause im going to start racing my bike often and i wanna be able to have a lil more of a chance since everyone at the track has tons of mods

by all means donr buy a new pipe. there plenty of used ones that are cheap. i bought a nearly new pc ti low boy for 325.00

powernow + works

sheeze!

thanks for the input guys i am definately going to get that new pipe soon I'm trying to get my bike modded up and ready for the races soon

thanks for the input guys i am definately going to get that new pipe soon I'm trying to get my bike modded up and ready for the races soon
I'm starting racing too and I intend to keep my bike stock and save for gas, maintenance and track fees. I don't think mods really help beginners, practice does. The only mod I am willing to do is a suspension job. Don't mod your bike cause everyone else's is... I'd rather passe everyone with my stock bike than being passed with my highly modded bike. :thumbsup:

Since you're not on high roller. I say keep your money for what your bike NEED to run (oil, gas, transportation, a place to ride) when you can cover all that, start to think about bigger maintenance (top end, head, valves, etc). If you cover all that, then think about the big mods. You pipe won't be of any help if you have no money to replace your blown head...

Just my 2 cent

well its not like i dont have money its just im saving for a CBR600RR so i try not to spend alot of money on my 250 you know

:thumbsup:

I'm starting racing too and I intend to keep my bike stock and save for gas, maintenance and track fees. I don't think mods really help beginners, practice does. The only mod I am willing to do is a suspension job. Don't mod your bike cause everyone else's is... I'd rather passe everyone with my stock bike than being passed with my highly modded bike. :thumbsup:

Since you're not on high roller. I say keep your money for what your bike NEED to run (oil, gas, transportation, a place to ride) when you can cover all that, start to think about bigger maintenance (top end, head, valves, etc). If you cover all that, then think about the big mods. You pipe won't be of any help if you have no money to replace your blown head...

Just my 2 cent

Quick question for those who have installed the Quick Shot device (specifically on the '04), did you have to change the timing (.001) or does the bike come stock with the correct timing (BTW - Factory 4 System & high compression piston).