Concussion

I rang my bell pretty good Sunday. Not sure how long I was out. I'm just wondering how long I should wait to ride. I'm 36, average condition. Thanks

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bonk: The key words "not sure how long I was out" ought to tell you to see the Doc. You should be overly protective of your mellon.If it gets messed up it won't be easy to fix. :bonk::bonk:

You're right, I just try to stay away. We had a local doctor that was a top five Senior B hare scramble rider. He knew what was going on. Now that he's gone I haven't found one I like. I'm probably going to go in tomorrow, but there's no one I'm going to be able to see that will have any real advice. I mean they'll be able to diagnose if anythings wrong, but as far as getting back on the bike they'll be like never. I guess what I'm looking for is any advice from someone whose had this, and how long you stayed off your bike. I'm trying not to be stupid about it.

I have been knocked out twice. I didnt see Doc either time. I have heard though that once you get knocked out, from then on you can go night-night easier each time and you stay out longer each time.

Side note: When I get knocked out, when I am coming to my whole body is buzzing very painfully like a leg went to sleep. The second time I had the same feeling but only from the waist down.

Being knocked out easier next time is what I'm worried about too. I've been awake through some pretty violent crashes. It's kind of nice to remember what happened. I ride alone once in awhile, and even if I'm not alone I don't like the idea of burdening my buddy with an unconscious riding partner.

I got knocked out a couple weeks ago, didnt feel to bad about a day after. Two days later was riding BMX at the skate park for the first time in about 5 months. Went to 360 the spine, somehow ended up on my head and sliced it open just above left eyebrow and hit my head pretty hard. My diagnosis was a minor concussion. I took just over a week off and was back on the DRZ and felt fine and still do:thumbsup:. Good luck in getting your head healed up and getting back on the bike,

Small_and_fast.

I got knocked out a couple weeks ago, didn't feel to bad about a day after. Two days later was riding BMX at the skate park for the first time in about 5 months. Went to 360 the spine, somehow ended up on my head and sliced it open just above left eyebrow and hit my head very hard. My diagnosis was a minor concussion. I took just over a week off and was back on the DRZ and felt fine and still do:thumbsup:. Good luck in getting your head healed up and getting back on the bike,

Small_and_fast.

I went to my chiropractor today(he used to ride) and explained what happened. He told me that at this point if I wasn't showing any symptoms there was not really anything a general practitioner could do for me. He did say if I had good insurance they would probably want to run a ct scan. He said I'd probably be a little fuzzy for a week. So I'm planning on not riding for a couple weeks at all and not hard for a month. The biggest fear with a concussion I guess is getting another one right after the first. This is advice from a guy that was out over twelve hours once.

I had my 5th concussion last week, and 4th one week before that. today I snotted up a big old goober of old blood and I dont know where it came from. It is really making me realize the sincerity of this issue, its really not worth your brain.