lowering seat height???

whats the best way to lower the seat stock seat height on the 250x? im 130lbs, 5'3" and im used to the side saddle stops, but gettin tired of the occasional "oops wrong foot" down when im perpindicular on a hill? couple inches lower is fine. thanks!!!!!!!!

If you plan to keep the bike awhile and have the $$, I would spend it on having the suspension professionally valved and lowered. I sent mine to WER and had it lowered 1.5 inches and valved for my weight, terrain and ability. Best money ever spent, the difference is night and day. I think I spent $500 for revalve of forks, shocks, fork springs, fluids, seals and the lowering didn't cost anything extra and is reversable. It did more for my speed than any motor mod could ever do!

I first tried the Kouba link but couldn't lower the front enough without raising the bars. Danceswithtress has the right idea if you are going to keep the bike get it lowered.

I got the Durelle Gel seat and had a local shop staple it on. They got it tight and it looks great. Super comfortable and lowers about 1.3 inches.

Heres a couple of pics of mine mounted:

CRF250X044.jpg

CRF250X048.jpg

CRF250X046.jpg

At 130lbs the stock springs way to heavy for you. If you haven't already get the correct springs for your weight. That itself will lower the bike a bit. Set the sag correctly, or even a bit off -but sill in spec- and push the forks up in the clamps.

Those gell seats look nice!!! I opted to cut mine myself. I took 1 3/4 inch out of my "R". It was easy to do and didn't cost $130. I think I spent less than $20 on a sure form, sand paper and 3m spray sealer. --do a search--

Also, the links are nice but they mess with your turning. Most of the time you need different clamps to make the bike turn the same.

You can cut 15mm out of your subframe, which will lower the back of your seat about an inch. You can easily cut an inch of foam from the stock seat. And. if you radius the edges after cutting, your legs will be able to point down, rather than out then down. These things aren't as easy as replacing the suspension link, and dropping the triples, or having a suspension shop shorten your forks/shock, but you'll retain proper bike geometry and your chassis won't drag on every obstacle you ride over.

calif-yz400f Where did you get those white plastics?

I got them from www.CRFSONLY.com. They are Acerbis and look sweet. The color is slightly "whiter" than the stock so the front number plate and airbox cover (both not included in the kit) are not as white but only slightly.

There are so many "reds" out there I just wanted something a little different.

Besides I had to sell this awhile ago and missed the "white"

Rightside_IMG.jpg

Find a really good suspension guy near you and have it done right. I had my forks and shock dismantled and lowered and reassembled, this way the sag is still set right and your suspension is custom made for you. It's expensive, i spent $700 but i'm really really happy with it. I'm not a great rider or anything but it's nice to have the bike handle well. I'm 5'3", 155lbs.

Right, but I want a complete seat, not just the foam and cover.

TJ, I have been looking for the same but couldn't find anything. I ended up ordering the Durell seat cover & foam w/gel insert.

I would do everything you could to lower without having your suspension shortened. My suspension guy refused to lower my bike (except my supermoto) because he said that it negatively effects the suspension too much. I have heard that MB1 has the same outlook on lowering.....

I first tried the Kouba link but couldn't lower the front enough without raising the bars. Danceswithtress has the right idea if you are going to keep the bike get it lowered.

I got the Durelle Gel seat and had a local shop staple it on. They got it tight and it looks great. Super comfortable and lowers about 1.3 inches.

Your seat looks sweet, but how does it lower the bike by 1.3 inches? Doesn't look like it anyway.

Your seat looks sweet, but how does it lower the bike by 1.3 inches? Doesn't look like it anyway.

The middle of the seat is lower. The very front and rear at the same thickness. Check out their web page www.durelleracing.com.

The middle section of the stock seat is much taller than the Durelle. Althought the durelle has much less foam the gel insert makes up for it in comfort. I'm 5'7 (on a good day) and can tip toe on both sides now.