Sign in to follow this  

Body force/jolt when jumping, question?

Hello all,

I just wanted to ask....Is it normal to be having to hold on for dear life when hitting a bigger jump?

There are a few jumps at the local track here that are pretty fast, 4th pinned on my YZ125 that I am starting to ball up and hit...When I hit them, or even on run up to them, my body takes a HUGE jolt, I have to struggle to hold on to the bike and my helmet feels like it is about to be ripped off, along with my head, and the body to follow. I have to lean forward and just about stand up in the air, you can see this in a pic or two of me... Is this normal, I feel like I am really rough, but watch people them all the time real real smooth...granted I am a spode, but still, I feel I shouldnt be having this problem...

Are there any tricks or ideas, suspension maby?

Or am I just being a wuss??? lol. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks!

I do the same thing with any jump I'm not comfy with. feels like my bike got heavy all the sudden.

would like to see what the other guys say.

to me it feels kinda natural if your goin really fast off a jump i just let the bike go and i kinda follow along with it.then when i leave the face i lean up a little

I have the same problem with jumping stuff that I don't want to do. But, if you want to be up front, I guess you just got to take it.

yea I know that, thats what I have been doing, but just wanted to know if it was normal, and not to worry about anything.....I kinda get used to it, but those last few jumps at the end of the day get ya sweatin! I wonder if I can take more of it standing a diffrent way?

.... but those last few jumps at the end of the day get ya sweatin! I wonder if I can take more of it standing a diffrent way?

Those are the jumpsthat you should be backing off andshort jumping if you have to in order to stay safe.

learning and going outside your comfort level is great for getting better, but don't do it when you are tired. I've seen FAR too many "last couple laps of the day wrecks that resulted in serious injuries.

Ride safe,

Ian

Those are the jumpsthat you should be backing off andshort jumping if you have to in order to stay safe.

learning and going outside your comfort level is great for getting better, but don't do it when you are tired. I've seen FAR too many "last couple laps of the day wrecks that resulted in serious injuries.

Ride safe,

Ian

Yes, well said.