Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket Exhaust??

sup everyone. i ride a 2003 honda xr100r. i ride trail and track, but simply i need more power. i would like to know any aftermarket exhausts. i'm thinking of a pro circuit or yoshimura. if anyone could say a few things positive and negative about them such as the power, what certain area the bike will lose (bottom end or top) and reviews. bbr is jus too expensive, like what, $300 bucks excluding shipping. thanks in advance for the help

LATERz

Rev RH Hard

Will i have to re- jet?? is so..to what size? and how much do you think it would cost?? :thumbsup:

Will i have to re- jet?? is so..to what size? and how much do you think it would cost?? :thumbsup:

I have the PC. Awesome pipe. Better all around power with a hit right off the bottom. Holeshot every time. :thumbsup:

You dont have to rejet, but to get the most out of the pipe you should bump up the main to a 102. If your asking the price of the jet no more than $10.

I would get a 100 and 102 main, then try both. Hawaii very extremly humid and kinda hot, and I can't remember if that makes it rich or lean. The good thing is you don't have much fluxuation in temps and and humidity, so once you do get it jetted, it will always stay pretty close. Unless you do ride up in the mountains where it gets colder.

I would get a 100 and 102 main, then try both. Hawaii very extremly humid and kinda hot, and I can't remember if that makes it rich or lean.

The warmer it is, the leaner you should run it and visversa.

twp brothers exhaust is great more power every were but it has alot up in the mid. to hi range. but it still pulls hrad.

fmf is ok but not much more power just sound!

Hey, since the xr100/xr80 are similar, I was wondering if you could answer a few questions. First off, my friend is thinking of getting a pipe for his 03 xr80, he wants a T-4 PC slip-on because of cost, but Im thinking he should get the header also. Also, I was wondering if these bikes have any airbox restrictors that we can pull out. Thanks

first off i never seen a slip on for a xr80\100.

Just my opinion, but I think pulling the spark arrestor from the factory pipe, a cam and a 2mm larger carb would be about the same price as one of those aftermarket exhaust pipes, and give you more "bang" for your buck. I feel aftermarket exhausts are over rated.

Hey, since the xr100/xr80 are similar, I was wondering if you could answer a few questions. First off, my friend is thinking of getting a pipe for his 03 xr80, he wants a T-4 PC slip-on because of cost, but Im thinking he should get the header also. Also, I was wondering if these bikes have any airbox restrictors that we can pull out. Thanks

There is no such thing as a slip-on for the 80/100. If you look, the stock pipe is one piece. On the top of the airbox there is a "snorkel". You can pull that out and it adds some bottom end response but it doesnt trully add power.

I have the yoshimura on a 2004 crf100 nice pipe. good power, has one of the largest heat shields on an aftermarket pipe. but it is loud, wish it was a little quieter. I have to run the 102 main jet with it.

Ok, thanks for the replies, how are BBR pipes for the 80, I have a d-section on my 230 right now and I love it, but of course, certain brands are better for certain bikes. Anyone know anything about better airfilters?

Ok, thanks for the replies, how are BBR pipes for the 80, I have a d-section on my 230 right now and I love it, but of course, certain brands are better for certain bikes. Anyone know anything about better airfilters?

I personaly stand by the K&N. But trully, its up to you.