Sign in to follow this  

BArs

I personally would go with the Tag or Pro taper 1 1/8" bars. The fat bars seem like they are waay stronger than those 7/8". It's all riders preference, goto your local shop and just check out what bars fit you the most.

dont ya gotta get new clamps though to hold the fatter bars? cause arnt the stock clamps made for 7/8 bars?

yes, and new clamps cost like over a 100 dollars,(which i think is a waste of money reallybut its all a personal preference, if i were you, i woul go with the renthal 7/8 bars and may some moedium compound grips..

yes, and new clamps cost like over a 100 dollars,(which i think is a waste of money reallybut its all a personal preference, if i were you, i woul go with the renthal 7/8 bars and may some moedium compound grips..

You dont need a whole new top triple clamp. All you need to buy are the Pro Taper 1 1/8" adapters and your set. They only cost $40.

Pro Tapers, Less vibration than the other bars = less arm pump. You only need the adapter kit, Fly and Pro Taper make them.

Back to the original question, Renthal and Pro Taper are both good. I have Pro Taper on mine simply because they cost less. Unless you get the adapter, you will need to run 7/8th's. I personally like the CR Hi bend, but there are a million different bends to choose from, from Ricky Carmichael to your great uncle twice removed Charlie bend. Hope this clarifies.

Pro taper 7/8Th's CR hi bend and some Moose hand-guards. If you have small hands get thin grips, if you have large hands get thick grips. Brand doesn't matter much. Learn to wire your grips on instead if gluing. Any racer will be happy to show you how. Photo at bottom shows moose guards.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res6oufk/id2.html

One problem, I don't know any racers. could the shop do the wiring insted of glueing? Why should I get the grips wired?

It's easier to wire them than to glue them. I glued for years and once I learned to wire them I was set. No glue gumming your throttle tube, no waiting for glue to set up, no grip just coming loose after you plant your bar end into the dirt/mud.

I personally prefer the ProTaper Bars with Smith grips, the grips are a softer compound are very comfortable.

I use a clear spray paint for my glue and safety wire the grips on, one wire on each end and one in the middle of the grip.

It makes it really easy if you have safety wire pliers, you could check rockymountainmc.com for the tools and wire.

If you need some pictures I could take some.

what i reccomend is to take golf club grip tape and lighter fluid and use that instead of glue and wire. Ive found this is the easiest method out of the three. total cost is around $12 and the tape and fluid will last for about 25 grips

what i reccomend is to take golf club grip tape and lighter fluid and use that instead of glue and wire. Ive found this is the easiest method out of the three. total cost is around $12 and the tape and fluid will last for about 25 grips

Yeah, but it takes 24 hours to dry and the grips are larger which contributes to armpump.