set sails for a kx500!!

wow... i suddenly imagined a man bent over on all fours with a rider-less kx500 riding its front wheel up and down his ass....

thanks for the mental image dude.

wow, i suddenly just imagined a man /w/ a brused eye crying at my feet.

Waxing butts, men on all fours, this thread took a drastic turn into the gay zone.

I just got back from a 150mile snowmobile ride on an 05 Yamaha RX1. Suddenly those 450's and 500's seems like kiddie motors. 0-60 in the time it takes to say four strokes are better. Yes, the RX is a four stroke, and I'd like one in my garage.

I have a couple guys I ride with that have KX500's and my WR450 will wax their butts. I'd stay with the four stroke if me.

&%$#@! do they get out of 2nd gear or are they *****'s or something i havent lost a drag to date on my CR5 so the KX should be the same ?:bonk:?

I had a KX 500 before my YZ 426. The KX was for sure the king of the beasts. Mine had a milled head, Boysen reeds and a FMF pipe. This bike would smoke every thing 4 stroke in a drag race. On the track though due to the older technology I am sure my 426 was faster(at least with me on it)...Better brakes and suspension and smoother power to the ground. The KX500 was more suited to flat out high speed desert racing and in that application it is unbeatable. Just look at its wins in the past. My $.02.

I have a couple guys I ride with that have KX500's and my WR450 will wax their butts. I'd stay with the four stroke if me.

You may be able to sell that to the young guys ... However anyone that is in the know ... knows you are wrong ... everything being equal (rider ability) you will need at least 15 more HP to be able to make that statement ... ?

The thing about the kx 500 is the suspention has not changed in tech scence the 80s so it might be a power monster your 426 probly handles better.Honda made their 500 up to like 2002,anyway better tech. in the Honda.What do you ride trails or desert.The gyro effect of the motor makes it a little harder to through around on tight trails.Because of the power you can run a lower RPM making it easer to bob and weave.The rake is also longer making it harder in tight stuff.I would save my money and get the Service 500.If your on a budget then the newest CR500 would have to do.

You may be able to sell that to the young guys ... However anyone that is in the know ... knows you are wrong ... everything being equal (rider ability) you will need at least 15 more HP to be able to make that statement ... ?

1000 yeeehaaa I was saving this post for another thread but couldent let this one go buy.I sold my KX500 and got a WR450.in 04.Even tho the KX500 has a ton of power I ride alot faster on the WR.The 500 suspention sucks compaired to my WR.I can land a jump half in half out of a rut and the bike tracks like your on flat ground.The same jump with the same ruts on the 500 hold on for dear life.