Freestyle Setup Question

Ok i wanted to know all the parts i'm gonna need and mods i'm gonna have to make to my bike for the complete freestyle setup, i have an 02 CR250R, everything stock except i got an FMF fatty pipe and V-Force Reeds, thanks to whoever can help me out..

get an fmf silencer to accomodate the fmf fatty, but the only thing you'll really need is a set of fat bars, cut some grab holes in the airbox and trim the seat down

words of the wise: dont do any of this until you can actually do tricks :thumbsup:

Might want to get a revalve for FMX, and maybe some porting for FMX aswell.

When you get to the skill level requiring the modifications, you will know what you need. Until then, just go huck yourself and practice.

in edit: that sounds like I said go F yourself, I mean - huck yourself off the jumps.

that's not to much then, less than expected, someone did say something about alot of carbon fiber added to it to make the bike lighter, and also, i'm not a beginner haha, i've been riding since i was 4, i'm 16 right now, and i can hit jumps no problem, just havent got into the freestyle stuff, so i'm planning on starting up with it, and then also the shorter front and back fenders right, do you just trim them yerself? and what about the hole between the seat and plastic, so that you can grab?

yes so u can grab..trimmed fenders are pointless really..but do what you want

what about the carbon fiber?

don't do anything with the carbon Fiber..it's a waste of time. I did the whole free style thing last spring..built the ramp and everything. You don't need to do any mods to your bike when you first start. no need to cut fenders..start with the basics double front feder grab..if you can do that try and touch you face guard on teh fender at the same time. then nac nacs, can can, no footed can can, heel clicker, nothings, etc. these require no mods to your bike. unfortunatly i lost the right to ride the land so now the ramp is sitting there. i have a 98 cr250 that i did the tricks on, but now i have the 05 CRF450r and am going into racing seriously this summer.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/Ridewot911/79391126_l.jpg

that was the fist day jumping the ramp...the landing ramp was way to small after we started pulling the ramp back. this was a 35' gap and was just a bogg in 2nd to get over

thanks for putting in your entire input on this, appreciate it, and yeah the basic tricks you posted up there will come to me fast, i can already do the fender grabs, no footed cans ok, and half of a nac nac like, havent exactly went for a heel clicker yet, now let's say after a few months i want to get into the more advanced stuff, like start seat grabs and tricks like that, what else would i do to the bike? anything more than cutting the fenders and trimming the seat?

well if you really get that good after a few months, then yes you can cut the fenders and trim the seat. When cutting the sideplates, use a heat gun to warm up the plactics, then a razor blade or a straight knife will easily cut through the plastic leaving a nice smooth edge. as far as the seat goes, just do what you think will be good.

P.S. it's your bike and money so it don't really matter, but once you get the basic moves down, you still don't need to mod your bike. you got the tricks like cat walk. can can-indian air, supermans..then work into a superman rear fendergrab, sawran wraps, cordova's, bar hops, etc...you may want to look into getting a new set of bars. High and narrow is usually the way to go. Kenny Bartram actually uses a set of 80 bars because he likes how high and narrow they are. :thumbsup: good luck

A backflip doesn't require any mods to the bike. If you're going to be anything in the FMX world, you need the backflip.

p.s. helium in your tires will help you stay in the air longer to complete your trick.

A backflip doesn't require any mods to the bike. If you're going to be anything in the FMX world, you need the backflip.

p.s. helium in your tires will help you stay in the air longer to complete your trick.

yeah and while your up there just add the cordova and go to sidesaddle one..hell.. no hander lander you'll be golden

humbadadada

you need black plastics and tattoos, oh and dont forget, short sleeve jerseys are a must :thumbsup:

ok you need fat bars with steering stabilzer, makes no hander landings so easy, black blastic with all the grab holes and trimed seat, heavy duty rims with hd spokes,really need to get your suspension done, makes sure your tires are not even a little bit flat,and maybe a little motor wrk but its not really needed, o and the final thing dont forget to bring ur balls because theres some huge and sick tricks

you need black plastics and tattoos, oh and dont forget, short sleeve jerseys are a must :thumbsup:

hahaha, alright i pretty much got it, i can do flips on a 50 but that's about it haha, friend of mine has a pit and we practiced in that and perfected it then started hitting them on the dirt like nothing, did try some of the more advanced tricks in the pit on the big bike, havent "brought my balls" to actually pull it off on the dirt though..

ok my fav convo.....first of all, cut out some grab holes in your number plates."put some griptape on the inside(subframe) for a little more grip."Second, get some hi-bars without an upper braces on it so you have more room. Next you can also put grip tape on the outside top of the forks(under the tripletree) for extra grip for cliffhangers. Next you can cut your back fender(shorten it up) gives you a little more room but is mostly for style...same with front "sometimes" Last and most important... make your suspension harder... the harder the better. not too hard cause you dont wanna weed out your ankles.. have fun and dont end up like me.

p.s. you dont really need any engine mods but it kinda helps but its not a must.. I can clear the 75ft in second gear no prob with my kx250f. and yes I freestlye a fourstroke

Edited by bslater

1996 CC roll me one outta your bag cause your smoking some good $h!t.

ok my fav convo.....first of all, cut out some grab holes in your number plates."put some griptape on the inside(subframe) for a little more grip."Second, get some hi-bars without an upper braces on it so you have more room. Next you can also put grip tape on the outside top of the forks(under the tripletree) for extra grip for cliffhangers. Next you can cut your back fender(shorten it up) gives you a little more room but is mostly for style...same with front "sometimes" Last and most important... make your suspension harder... the harder the better. not too hard cause you dont wanna weed out your ankles.. have fun and dont end up like me.

p.s. you dont really need any engine mods but it kinda helps but its not a must.. I can clear the 45ft in second gear no prob with my kx250f. and yes I freestlye a fourstroke

I think this guys nuts....

hm glad to amuse

I think this guys nuts....

Same here..

And all of the info from a guy jumping 45ft... and got hurt.. No offence bro but it needed to be said.

You don't need to do a thing untill you are doing the tricks that require them. NO MOTOR MODS, CARBON FIBER, FAT BARS>>> ect. I started doing bar hops WITH A CROSSBAR!!!

dirtbikedaveshowlin.jpg

this pics from 01, Yup thers a crossbar, it is easyer without of corse. Most of the stuff I've read in this thread is true, as far as the don't do anything until you need to. Hell don't cut the bike till you have all the non grab tricks down first, there are a lot and it will take a while.

Anyone trying to get into it, learn the basics first, read my thread on how to get started in fmx.

Edited by fmxdave