Sign in to follow this  

What Comes First?

Take my advice with a grain of salt because I'm a novice, but if you do cams, you need to do valves and springs too. Was this part of your plan? If so.....what valves and springs will you use?

Take my advice with a grain of salt because I'm a novice, but if you do cams, you need to do valves and springs too. Was this part of your plan? If so.....what valves and springs will you use?

I didn't think you had to do valves and springs. You definitely do those for the 11k Yosh CDI.

I'd go cams first, big bore later.

Ian

Ask burned If Ron Hamp ever made up some valves and springs for the DRZ? I had heard he was going to but the man is so very busy. I wouldn't mind having a couple sets of his valves, springs, and keepers in stock for just in case. As in just in case I let my right hand overload my ability and my motor. I'm usually a very mellow rider, but sometimes the old racer sneaks back into my bloodstream then watch the hell out. I'm hitting it ,I don't care if it's in front of the local cop shop. Thank God it don't catch up to me very often. It can cost you a fortune though if it catches you at the wrong place. Cams are the heart of the 4 stroke motor as long as the valve train can keep up. After that go for CC's Millinium I think is the outfit that my 439 came from. It's outstanding to say the least. I think I'd prefer it to the Yosh 450. pdawg :thumbsup:

You don't have to but I personally would recommend it after having been bit by the 2-piece valve issue.