Sign in to follow this  

suspension set up question

i have an 03 250 i jump alot the suspension is way to soft and has a spring feel to it what can i do

compression

rebound

tighten spring

?????

which one and how much

Maybe your sag is light, maybe you have too little rebound, maybe you need a stiffer spring, maybe the shock is just worn, maybe....maybe...maybe....

We need more info about your weight and jumping ability.

Well, there's a bunch of things to figure out first.

1. when was the last time your suspension was serviced, thats the most important thing to figure out. When and by who?

2. Does your bike have the stock springs still? Has it been resprung?

3. What do you mean by 0-35? Is that the height you are jumpin? If your jumpin that high and flat landin no suspension in the world is gonna help you there. Are you hittin a ramp to a landin? What type of hits are you doin?

im not sure if, when, or by who if my suspension has been done i think its stock

0-35 ft ramp to landing

i was just trying to see if there is anything i could do for a quick fix for now

but i dont really know that much about the rear shock

save your self the trouble and get the new 06, its a great bike!

Your weight is fine for the stock spring and you are not jumping far at 35 ft so I would say to work on your technique and start with landing while on the gas and on the backside of a jump. maybe add some rebound to the shock to slow it's return down some.

Your weight is fine for the stock spring and you are not jumping far at 35 ft so I would say to work on your technique and start with landing while on the gas and on the backside of a jump. maybe add some rebound to the shock to slow it's return down some.

no not far high its a 65-70ft kicker and a whole track we got all different jumps

On any bike that is a couple years old you should always start with figuring out when your forks and shocks have been serviced. Adjusting your suspension will do absolutely nothing if your fork oil is clapped out and low, same thing with your shock. A blown bladder or out of spec oil will definately make your shock feel springy. There are a bunch of ways to set suspension up for riders and riding style.

First let us know where you are on figuring out your last suspension service. Then we can go through adjustments that will help :thumbsup:

ok i got it i traded my crf 450 to my buddy for this and when he had it he messed with it. he turned the rebound screw all the way to the - so i turned it the other way a little and tightened the spring alittle and perfect