Motoland

Just got finished looking at some pics of Motoland posted in the pics/vids forum. Holy shit that place looks nice :thumbsup: . We will definitely have to make an excursion out there sometime this spring. Hogie, CRFfan, Krass, Matt, Karterron & others ( My apologies for any missing names, I hope "others" cover you ! ). Let's try to work something out !!!!

I'm still trying to figure out what to do this weekend. We may run Keithsburg, but I would like to get some seat time in before my first harescramble this season. Walnut may be open but may be cold which could mean another cancellation. South Fork is supposed to be in the 50's, so we may run down there. There is also an indoor track on the west side of Michigan I have been meaning to try, zooland or something like that.

Anybody got anything planned this weekend, Saturday.

Sparkplug....we will definitely hook up at Motoland......

My intention is to go there thw first Sunday they are open. The guy I rode with from Service Honda is a volunteer there and he will have the skinny on when I am sure. I am pretty much going to make that my home track I think and when the weather gets nice, I am going to take a weekday off every now now and then.

Can't wait to meet some of you guys!

:thumbsup:

i think htey have the first practice/race on march 22 adn 23. Practice saturday race sunday. looks pretty bad ass tho, i have never been there. but count me in for sure

My understanding is that they are going to have a race about 1 Sunday a month and the rest will be open practice. I think they are trying to open around the second week of March.....the first race is the 26th.

You guys need to start putting up some links! :bonk:

I think I've seen pics of that place before and I'd be up for going there :thumbsup:

Where exactly is it again? Maybe me and HOGIE can make a trip :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm impatient. www.motoland.com

Place looks really cool, especially the dirt.

I will definitely be up for taking a trip there. About 2 hours from Carol Stream and 2.5 from Ottawa if I have to go down there to get my bike.

Check out the helmet cam videos too, I believe they were at the bottom of the news section :thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk:

One from me and I am on your way so please, pick me up too, hehehe :thumbsup:

Talk to HOGIE, my Chevy Colorado would have a hard time fitting 2 bikes, let alone 3! :thumbsup:

Hehehe......

Well, after we toss the non-honda bikes out there should be room for mine!!

I guess I will have to load up my truck and drive myself dang it :thumbsup:

You guys need to start putting up some links! :bonk:

I think I've seen pics of that place before and I'd be up for going there :thumbsup:

Geez matt, I'm suprised you haven't hit this place yet. It is top notch, has some jumps that will have you thinking twice.

Intense track. All sand. I enjoyed it.

Have good tires or pay the price. :bonk:

No problem dude. I went down there late last year with three other buddies.

We rode at Crossings on Saturday and then at Motoland on Sunday. We will definatly do this trip again this year, however, we'll ride at Motoland both days. This track is the best around. The layout is long and challenging, the soil is incredible, and the lap times seem to never end. AWSOME!!! We should try to get a TT announcement out there to get everyone together. There is a couple of hotels within 15 minutes of the track. Also, there is another track not 5 minutes from Motoland. Lets get it goin!!!!!

Hehehe......

LOL................sorry matt :thumbsup:

No problem dude. I went down there late last year with three other buddies.

We rode at Crossings on Saturday and then at Motoland on Sunday. We will definatly do this trip again this year, however, we'll ride at Motoland both days. This track is the best around. The layout is long and challenging, the soil is incredible, and the lap times seem to never end. AWSOME!!! We should try to get a TT announcement out there to get everyone together. There is a couple of hotels within 15 minutes of the track. Also, there is another track not 5 minutes from Motoland. Lets get it goin!!!!!

Anyone know what their race setup is like or is this their first year? I didn't see anything about classes or district affiliations, unless I just missed it.

We definately need to get something set up that first weekend they are open.

Hehehe......

:bonk:

I guess I will have to load up my truck and drive myself dang it :thumbsup:

Somebodies not a kermit fan? :thumbsup:

Fast bikes just scare some people :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The track looks pretty tight (not literally). Although there seems to be some big jumps....it seems like there are an awful lot of singles.

I was kinda thinking the same thing :thumbsup: Looks fun though.

I actually did think it looked literally tight, like as in narrow, but maybe it was just because of the camera :thumbsup:

Yeah Motolands a great track. Went quite a few times last year. But working for Reads racing this summer means I pretty much dont have weekends. Ill be heading up prolly once or twice a month during the week.

Motoland is a very tough track, not made for Int or beginners. There was quite a few guys that got hurt there last year.

Be careful but have fun, I'll be next door at DIRT MX. A much better track for an old guy like me.