Happy they penalized RC - AMA did the right thing

Personally, I am thrilled they penalized RC. This sport has become far too corrupt and it is about time the AMA put their foot down and attempt to clean up this once respectable sport. I mean let's face it; there has not been clear cut champion in this sport for years due to all of the cheating and corruption. I also think they should strip Ricky of his 4 Supercross titles because once a cheater always a cheater. Don't let the fact that the fuel Ricky used in San Diego did not give him an extra advantage. Rules are rules and those who violate the rules MUST BE PERSECUTED to the full extent of law. It is a sad day when even the world of politics is more honest and trustworthy then the AMA SuperCross, a time when you can trust your local congressmen more then your local SuperCross star. It is just a shame that they don't keep the gas from every race because Jeremy must also have used this modified fuel to win even though he didn't need it. I am just so relieved and happy that this year's winner does not depend on the number of Supercross wins or how well they raced throughout the season. After all anyone can ride fast. No, it is much more important that an honest man wins regardless of his riding ability.

Hopefully one day this sport will be saved from the obvious corruption that we see today and we can once again watch it on TV with our families without the fear they are watching a cheater win. Fortunately for all of us we can depend on our political leaders, NBA, NFL and MLB athletes to inspire our youth and help us all be the role models of tomorrow.

Nice JOB AMA!!! Maybe next you can clean up the world of mud wrestling and wet T-shirt contests, everyone knows they are cheating.

- guy -

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I am thrilled they penalized RC. This sport has become far too corrupt and it is about time the AMA put their foot down and attempt to clean up this once respectable sport. I mean let's face it; there has not been clear cut champion in this sport for years due to all of the cheating and corruption. I also think they should strip Ricky of his 4 Supercross titles because once a cheater always a cheater. Don't let the fact that the fuel Ricky used in San Diego did not give him an extra advantage. Rules are rules and those who violate the rules MUST BE PERSECUTED to the full extent of law. It is a sad day when even the world of politics is more honest and trustworthy then the AMA SuperCross, a time when you can trust your local congressmen more then your local SuperCross star. It is just a shame that they don't keep the gas from every race because Jeremy must also have used this modified fuel to win even though he didn't need it. I am just so relieved and happy that this year's winner does not depend on the number of Supercross wins or how well they raced throughout the season. After all anyone can ride fast. No, it is much more important that an honest man wins regardless of his riding ability.

Hopefully one day this sport will be saved from the obvious corruption that we see today and we can once again watch it on TV with our families without the fear they are watching a cheater win. Fortunately for all of us we can depend on our political leaders, NBA, NFL and MLB athletes to inspire our youth and help us all be the role models of tomorrow.

Nice JOB AMA!!! Maybe next you can clean up the world of mud wrestling and wet T-shirt contests, everyone knows they are cheating.

- guy -

While I agree with like 10% of this post, I should point out to you that there are already like 8 threads discussing this exact topic.

Take a look ?

Only my opinion,but I really have a hard time believing Suzuki, Carmichael, Gosseler,and some guy with the name of DeCoster actually cheated. Period. Just my somewhat limited experience with the industry. I'e known Carmichael's mechanic thru local SoCal racing for over 25years. True,ya never really know what another person would do,but history..ie..."once a cheater always a cheater" hence,not a cheater never a cheater would hold true. DeCoster,cmon..that Mans a legend. The only way I can even think this crap is fact(leaded fuel) would be the supplier,and still a stretch at that. As far as the AMA,...your on your own... Again just my opinion. Charlie

No I am not a troll. I am just a very angry Supercross fan who cannot understand what the AMA is so worried about. What the ? is the big deal. The extra lead was not enough to make a difference in performance but it sure was enough to make a difference in the standings.

Supercross is one of the last honest sports of our time that has not been corrupted by money like the NBA and NFL have. Just look at the number of privateers out there struggling to survive. This is quite possibly the best year supercross has had since the 1980's and now the AMA ruined it.

I am just pissed off trying to make point and if that puts me in the Troll category then so be it.

The more lead content the less oxygen content= less horsepower

Now tell me where that makes sense...if they were gonna cheat they would have gone for more oxygen content....

But then again look at what's going on internally with the AMA....????

I just wounder why they would put lead in there gas I thought lead only ran better in 2 smokers i didn't know it help the thumpers.....does it I'm not sure?