Happy they penalized RC - AMA did the right thing

It is to bad we finally get a competetive season and the ama is going to take 25 points away from rc on a rule that is designed for two strokes.Lead does not make a four stroke faster!They are detuning there bikes because of to much power for supercross so why would they try and cheat with lead.DAMN i wanted to see the big three in a dog fight!nice job ama ??

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Mike in Modesto said that was very good and it did have me going pretty darn good. Right up to the point about trusting your local Congressmen. At that point I thought to myself "this guys a flipping idiot". After the MC comment I pretty much caught on, but the NFL and NBA thing was way too over the top to be true. Good job ?

The AMA has wanted "Bubba" to win fron the beginning of the season ?

I predict that Reed will also be penalized for the fuel issue or he and Tedesco will tangle and he will be docked points for aggressive riding......Bubba gets the title ?

Are you a track rider or trail rider? If your a track rider, let's go out on the track and rock! I wonder why a Huskey is not out there at Supercross? I am sure the AMA will let you put any fuel you want in that bike, if they let you race at all. He he ? just kidding, it's probably a good trail bike.

dude, any good motorcyclist can clean your clock on any modern motorcycle, on any terrain. although it's still fun to make fun of 250 4-strokes and hondas, lol.

-mark

p.s. note that this theory applies to the cleanliness of almost all persons clocks, mine included. it ain't the bike.

I don't understand why so many people are upset over this. The fuel that was in his bike was not ama legal. Period. All of the other bikes tested passed. It would be corrupt to let this go and not handle the issue and penalize him.

Rickys was the only bike tested (AMA said so)It is a random test of podium finishers.

From Supercross.com

25 point penalty assessed to Ricky Carmichael (Illegal fuel)

Pickerington OH: AMA Pro Racing has announced that Ricky Carmichael has been penalized 25 points for using illegal fuel at round six of the AMA Supercross Series at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego CA on February 11.

Fuel samples from eight motorcycles were collected at the San Diego round and the sample from the motorcycle of Ricky Carmichael was found to be in non-compliance. Fuel from the motorcycles of Mike Alessi, Grant Langston, Jeremy McGrath, Nate Ramsey, Chad Reed, Andrew Short and James Stewart was found to be in compliance.

As is required by the AMA Supercross/Motocross rulebook, the samples were sent to a certified testing lab which confirmed the results of the testing. AMA Pro Racing has required the use of unleaded fuel in the AMA Supercross Series and the AMA Motocross Championship since the 2004 racing season.

That now puts Ricky Carmichael in third place at 115 points.

Ouch!

Information courtesy AMA

Personally, I am thrilled they penalized RC. This sport has become far too corrupt and it is about time the AMA put their foot down and attempt to clean up this once respectable sport. I mean let's face it; there has not been clear cut champion in this sport for years due to all of the cheating and corruption. I also think they should strip Ricky of his 4 Supercross titles because once a cheater always a cheater. Don't let the fact that the fuel Ricky used in San Diego did not give him an extra advantage. Rules are rules and those who violate the rules MUST BE PERSECUTED to the full extent of law. It is a sad day when even the world of politics is more honest and trustworthy then the AMA SuperCross, a time when you can trust your local congressmen more then your local SuperCross star. It is just a shame that they don't keep the gas from every race because Jeremy must also have used this modified fuel to win even though he didn't need it. I am just so relieved and happy that this year's winner does not depend on the number of Supercross wins or how well they raced throughout the season. After all anyone can ride fast. No, it is much more important that an honest man wins regardless of his riding ability.

Hopefully one day this sport will be saved from the obvious corruption that we see today and we can once again watch it on TV with our families without the fear they are watching a cheater win. Fortunately for all of us we can depend on our political leaders, NBA, NFL and MLB athletes to inspire our youth and help us all be the role models of tomorrow.

Nice JOB AMA!!! Maybe next you can clean up the world of mud wrestling and wet T-shirt contests, everyone knows they are cheating.

- guy -

I just about wrote a bad reply, until I realized you were being sarcastic ?

It doesn't matter how far ahead he normally finishes ahead, if the ama let him go after using illegal fuel, it would open the door to anyone else who would use fuel to give them an advantage.

No, it wouldn't.

The only folks that could possibly benefit from cheater fuel are the two stroke guys, and the AMA has pretty much gotten them beat into nonexistence at this point.

Hey Fellas-

Here's a thought- if its all agreed that more lead and less oxygen = less hp, then why penalize the rider? ? He obviously doesn't have control over the gas being put into his bike, so penalize the team a sh$%load of money, and let the racers decide the championship- whaddaya think?? :bonk:

:bonk:?

Here is what I was actually saying ... read betweenn my lines. Many of you had problems understand my humor

>> Personally, I am thrilled they penalized RC

No I am not...I am pissed as hell and may not watch anymore supercross this year.

>> This sport has become far too corrupt and it is about time the AMA put their foot down and attempt to clean up this once respectable sport.

This is one of the few sports that has not been corrupted with money.

>> I mean let's face it; there has not been clear cut champion in this sport for years due to all of the cheating and corruption.

There has never been any doubt in the past of who the champion was but that will change this year because of the AMA

>> I also think they should strip Ricky of his 4 Supercross titles because once a cheater always a cheater.

Ricky didn't cheat, it was a dumb mistake like leaving your car windows down when it rains but this mistake hurts more.

>> Don't let the fact that the fuel Ricky used in San Diego did not give him an extra advantage. Rules are rules and those who violate the rules MUST BE PERSECUTED to the full extent of law.

This is a stupid rule and needs to be changed, preferably now.

>> It is a sad day when even the world of politics is more honest and trustworthy then the AMA SuperCross, a time when you can trust your local congressmen more then your local SuperCross star.

This should be quite obvious that I was not serious. The only non-trusworthy supercross star is Mike Alessi. He is an absolute jerk

>> It is just a shame that they don't keep the gas from every race because Jeremy must also have used this modified fuel to win even though he didn't need it.

Perhaps I was getting carried away bringing the king into this mess

>> I am just so relieved and happy that this year's winner does not depend on the number of Supercross wins or how well they raced throughout the season. After all anyone can ride fast. No, it is much more important that an honest man wins regardless of his riding ability.

Chad could win the title only need to win 2 races all season while Ricky and Bubba would win the rest.

>> Hopefully one day this sport will be saved from the obvious corruption that we see today and we can once again watch it on TV with our families without the fear they are watching a cheater win.

Hopefully they will change the rules

>> Fortunately for all of us we can depend on our political leaders, NBA, NFL and MLB athletes to inspire our youth and help us all be the role models of tomorrow.

Yeah right! Just look at Bill Clinton, Kobe Bryant, Ron Artest, Terrel Owens and Randy Moss as a few examples

>> Nice JOB AMA!!! Maybe next you can clean up the world of mud wrestling and wet T-shirt contests, everyone knows they are cheating.

Crappy Job AMA :bonk:?? ...you should have let it slide and not ruin the best supercross season we have had in a while