course gold road 3/5/06 the big loop

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey kevin waz up...ya would like to be on the bike by 9:00am

you know the place at the end of del sur by the dog kennel, corse gold road rite off boquet...see ya there... ?

Where are you guys meeting at? I live in SLO and have ridden a lot of different places in California but Have never been to coarsegold. Are you talking about Miami Creek? I have been there once about 8 years ago. I might come to Fresno and stay with some friends and then meet you guys to ride on sunday. Where are you going to meet. What type of terrain are you going to be on. Is it single track, rocky, wet, ??? How long is the big loop? I tipically do about 35 miles at Pozo, 50-100 miles at cleer creek, and about 100 miles out in the desert in a day.

Coarsegold is off of Bouquet cyn road a little out of Santa Clarita.

490x, can you describe your route that you are planning?

start off at the dog kennel fire road with small single trax on the side,down into the "gost town" its a movie set with all kinds of cool stuff,then more fire road with little trails on side,down to boquet,cross to del sur trail head,up a sweet single track to yet another fire road with cool trails on each side.then its down into the main stageing area of tex cyn ,then all the way up to the top. via "arm pump hill",its realy a bunch of hills kinda stacked on top of each other its a long tough hill climb to the big oak trees up on top,we will take a break there,then on to the back side to the secret single track,down and around and back up to fire road,we like to stop here and talk about how sick the single track is,how you almost went over the side,how a tree branch almost pulled you off the bike,and hay man did you see that part of trail that was only 2.5" wide with all the skid marks goin off the side, wholey sh*!..!!

then back track your way all the way to the truck,its a sweet ride.

(the loop is about 60 miles, its a long one)

What a wuss. ??

hey don't we know you from somewhere??.do you have alot of stickers on your bike,alot of nuts and bolts,pins,plates,screws,on your person..if not ,my mistake :bonk:

hey don't we know you from somewhere??.do you have alot of stickers on your bike,alot of nuts and bolts,pins,plates,screws,on your person..if not ,my mistake ?

:bonk: Yeah, I think he was on the last ride. Mister Bling.

A wuss ? mister " i can only do one ride every three days" ?

Staging at the flat spot just after the dog kennels?

I didn't know about any single track there by the dog kennels, sounds fun. Dind't know about the movie set either.

Which trail do you guys go up out of Rowher/Texas cyn? The lookout trail ? I don't go up that one. If I'm going down I get off and walk it in a few spots because it's so steep. Going up, I'd call it advanced for heros type of trail. Fall trail? I get lots of arm pump on it. I think it's fun! Break trail? For the less advanced rider. I think anyone but a beginer can make that.

I usually ride out of Drinkwater. It's only 4.5 miles from my house. I'm up by the end of Seco.

I just put my engine toghther last weekend, so I'm a bit paranoid about going on a lot of single track, in case the bike blows. Maybe next time.

:bonk: Yeah, I think he was on the last ride. Mister Bling.
Ooh, I like that. I have my next screen name in case this one suddenly goes tits up.
A wuss ? mister " i can only do one ride every three days" ?
How about you bring the pumpkin this weekend instead of that sissy DS thing and see if you can stay upright? BTW, I noticed you signaling your turns last weekend. How thoughtful. :eek:?:bonk::bonk:

Staging at the flat spot just after the dog kennels?

I didn't know about any single track there by the dog kennels, sounds fun. Dind't know about the movie set either..

ya thats the spot....,the short single track by the kennels i think its fenced off rite now

Oh , it's already on.And i ride the sissy bike to give you half a chance.
And I crash just so you can keep up. :bonk:
BTW, very original username. ?
Thanks, I stole it from my hero. ? BTW, my fast Asian buddies (Vinh and Quang) are coming out with us. I need better directions to the meeting spot to give them. Where do we park?