Sign in to follow this  

Question about 1997 Honda CR 250

Hey Guys,

I have an opportunity to purchase a 97 model Honda CR 250, bike is in awesome shape. No question on the care of mechanics of the bike. Looking to purchase for a nice, peepy trail riding option.

Anyhow, my question is the owner of the bike has always ran "race gas" thru it. Which last time I check is about $8 a gallon. Will this bike run ok, with no ill effects on premuim unlead from the pump.....???

I have no experience on this - please advise.

Thanks in advance.

that is what I run in mine, the mechanic that rebuilt the engine asked me to run it

I have a 97 CR250 and I run VP C-12 because I have to because of high compression (special Mod Done). Is your bike completely stock? Has the cylinder head been modified for high compression? If it is stock then you can run pump gas. If the previous owner always ran race fuel then he may have ran it to think that it gave him better performance, but really it is just a waste of money if he did that. He should have told you that you have to run race fuel if it needed it. If he didnt then I think your okay. I would ask him. A 5 gallon can of race fuel should run you depending on the brand and type anywhere from $45.00-$60.00 for 5 gallons. That of course the cost her in SoCal. If you have any other questions on that bike, please dont hesitate to ask me, mine is dialed and I know every inch of that bike.