My 19yr old XR250

I've never posted a pic before, so here goes!

dsc_9001_125.jpg

Man, that looks GREAT. Are those original side panels, unusual design. Realy like the tank graphics, who made them?

I think the side panels are original.. i think.

Tank graphics are by doxo racing, go them on ebay with the seat cover for 80 bucks shipped.

How did you install the seat cover?

Was it easy?

Staples?

Rivets?

Inquiring minds want to know.......

How did you install the seat cover?

Was it easy?

Staples?

Rivets?

Inquiring minds want to know.......

Super easy, i pulled the old seat cover, and took the new seat/seat cover to my local auto upholestry place and paid the guy 20 bucks to put the new one on :thumbsup::thumbsup:

He said it went on no problem, he added some foam to places where the seat needed it, would have been 10 bucks without that.

Thanks!

I just ordered the grey (since I have black plastics) after seeing how nice yours looked.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks!

I just ordered the grey (since I have black plastics) after seeing how nice yours looked.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Saw your other thread, i look forward to seeing your completed product!

It was a tough choice between grey and red for me, but since i had red already, i just stuck with it.

I have gotten real carried away..... :thumbsup:

My WR is pretty much destroyed and will be out of commission for a while until I get all the parts I need, so I figure I will make my XR look like new.

She deserves it!!! :thumbsup:

teaser pic?

I am at work right now.... but I will take some "work in progress" pics and post them up this week.

She is all apart right now, but the hoses and fuel lines look real pretty!!!! :thumbsup:

I will take some pics of the plastic as well so you can see how she may look all done!

I am at work right now.... but I will take some "work in progress" pics and post them up this week.

She is all apart right now, but the hoses and fuel lines look real pretty!!!! :thumbsup:

I will take some pics of the plastic as well so you can see how she may look all done!

Great! I look forward to your post.

That looks great...I have a 1990 cr 250 I treat the same way...Ill never sell

it, and it always looks good..

You don't see many other vintage bikes' pics being posted. XR's were/are a great bike. BTW, your chain looks a little bit tight to me. I'm keeping my XR forever.

No diff. then my 04 except color, same basic style, IF IT WORKS LEAVE IT ALONE!. I say. Last year made, so I'll be keeping. :thumbsup:

Hope the smile face works haven't tried yet. :thumbsup:

Looks great!!

What a great looking bike. The XR is simply a beautiful machine.

R

Awesome bike. Classic no doubt. Thanks for the post!

wow thanks for all the positive comments, i'll relay your words to the bike :thumbsup:

That bike's 19 years old?! Thats Ausome!!

Good work! :thumbsup:

CRF folks must be crying to death :bonk:

great looking bike...can't beleive it's 19 years old :thumbsup::thumbsup: