Kickstand for TE/TC

Does anyone know of ay alternative to the stock Husky stand (that is designed to snap up on its own when weight is taken off the stand)? Pro Moto has no plans to make a replacement as they have for KTM (I was told by Pro Moto yesterday). I would like to put a kickstand on my 05 TC and will get the Husky one if there is nothing else. Thanks...

Just change out the Pivot Bolt to get ride of the Auto-Retract , The 610 bolt will work as it has its hex next to the shoulder , so you just cut off the extension part.

Works great

LTR

R

Search the threads....

There's even one with pictures with someone who mod'd their own kickstand, which is what I did. Took me longer to tighten it into the vise than to do the whole mod.

"Auto Up" is embarassing the first time.... as my bike ended up on it's side when I first started it at home. Sucked. Great for some... horrible for most.

?

Well I am not sure if I "get" it. ?

It looks like the spring is pulling on a small lever which is using the shoulder of the pivot bolt to pull against which results in the kickstand wanting to go up.

Are you saying to put a shorter bolt in without a shoulder so there is no rear force on the kickstand - and in fact it then actually pulls the kickstand forward and there by holding the kickstand down using the springs force?

Does this issue warrant a sticky? Or maybe one sticky with common issues like kickstand etc?

It looks like the spring is pulling on a small lever which is using the shoulder of the pivot bolt to pull against which results in the kickstand wanting to go up. Are you saying to put a shorter bolt in without a shoulder ...

Coffee... you are correct. Remove the end of the shoulder just enough so the lever passes the shoulder... and wha-la. No more "auto up".

?

I was at Eric's Motorcycles in Pasadena (CA) today and he changes out all his bikes kickstand bolts before he sells them (to a short hex allan head). Apparently the bolt he uses needs a bushing that he quickly makes on a lathe. The whole set up is $20 for bolt and bushing. The kickstands in his shop worked great (normal).

Got my brand new 05 TE450 home in the crate a couple weeks ago. Pulled the crate off and set it on the side stand. Went to pull off the cord that compressed the rear susp. for shipping and the knot untied unexpectedly. The bike snapped up, sidestand self-folded and dropped onto my garage floor breaking off my clutch lever before it had ever been started!!! DOH! Anyway, I IMMEDIATLY pulled the stand bolt and chopsawed it off flush, then used cutoff wheel on the Dremel to cut a screwdriver slot in it to hold while tightening. Works just like it should now. (Still much better than the stock KTM "shear bolts")