Sign in to follow this  

which are better tires?

im not sure if theres a forum in here strictly about tires, but if you had the option, which would you pick

Dunlop D739 series

Bridgestone M401 and M402 series

any info on any of these, pro's or con's?

well see..........i live in southern NY and it is very rocky and mountainous, but i may ride about 2 times a year here. but i will do most of my riding in NJ by the Meadowlands (giants stadium), where it is flat marsh land, really built for motocross, so the terain here is on the soft side and very muddy, lots of jumps, walls, all kinds of crazy shit. later

I hated the specific bridgestones you mention. They are fair in soft conditions. If the track becomes hard, they squirm all over. Too narrow focus...soft only.

The 739 Dunlop is almost at the other extreme. Its a decent hard terrain tire. I dont like it for much else.

The 756 Dunlop is good-excellent in alomst anything. Its a good all-around tire. Their only drawback is you can almost watch them wear.

The 756's are an ok mud tire.

are IRC's out of the question? what about michelins, are they worth the extra $$$, thanks guys

I have always liked Michelins. Good tires. I believe they are more difficult to mount than Dunlops so I try to avoid them.

Not much experience with the IRC's friends have them. I just hated to experiment on my money.

hey guys, i appreciate all your suggestions, now im kinda leaning toward the Dunlop 756's, but before i get them, ive been looking at the IRC ve39 and ve40 set--->are they any good, what do you guys ride on?

Personally I like a cheeper tire if I am going to rip them off anyway on the street. So Kenda 760 Trakmaster II on the rear and 777's on the front. 18 psi in both and rip it up. :thumbsup: Expect to change them often!

I hated the specific bridgestones you mention. They are fair in soft conditions. If the track becomes hard, they squirm all over. Too narrow focus...soft only.

The 739 Dunlop is almost at the other extreme. Its a decent hard terrain tire. I dont like it for much else.

The 756 Dunlop is good-excellent in alomst anything. Its a good all-around tire. Their only drawback is you can almost watch them wear.

The 756's are an ok mud tire.

On a YZ250, I second this guy's analysis 100% :thumbsup:

I ride mostly enduro and CC and from talking with friends and comparing/contrasting their results, I'm going to try Michelins as my next set, an S12 front and MS3 rear. The S12 rear hooks up great, but will only last about half a day on anything tougher than loamy track base.

i read someone saying that the Maxxis IT rear is good, especially on wear longevity, anyone else have anything negative to say about this tire?

i read someone saying that the Maxxis IT rear is good, especially on wear longevity, anyone else have anything negative to say about this tire?

The Maxxis IT are a good choice for our area. :thumbsup: