2006 MX Boots

I know there has been another thread related to the Beriks vs the Gaerne SG10 and it seems as though members have chosen the Gaerne.

I am looking at the Sidi Crossfires. I spoke with Rider Support and he is telling me that they are available during the 1st week of March.

What is everyone's thoughts?

Alpinestar Tech 8 or 10 (Note: Tech 8s are redesigned for 2006)

Gaerne SG 10

Fox Pro Forma

Sidi Crossfire

Berik

Thor

tech8, tech10, or sg10

I just got a set of the Sidi Crossfire boots. I'll wear 'em for the first time a couple days from now and letcha know.

Boots IMO are subjective to each person. Sidis won't fit correct on every person (although I LOVE Sidis) just as Alpines won't fit correct one everyone.

Like for me, Alpines don't fit so well and a friend bought the Tech 10s and hates 'em (maybe his foot will fit better in a Sidi or Gaerne?)

Try on as many kinds as you can and see what fits best.

Whatever you do don't cheap-out, buy a top quality boot.

I agree with you on the cheapo idea.

I have a set of Alpine Tech 8s from 2002/3 era.

They were great but are beat.

The Cross fire doesn't give many color options and is just about as pricey as the Tech 10.

I would really like to stay away from the bootie.

Ankle suport is important to me and I would like to stop using my ankle braces especially for MX competition, they are a real pain but work.

When I ordered my Tech 8's from Dennis Kirk, they told me to get them 2 sizes bigger which was a major mistake becuase I'm a 10 and a 12 is way too big which may have contributed to my repeated ankle strains.

my tech 8's are the same size as my shoe.

Couldn't get used to the booties in the Tech 8s... plus I had to jump up a size and a half from 'normal' shoe size in Tech 8s and by that point the boot seemed huge on the pegs.

I switched to SG-10s and never looked back. Best boot I've ever ridden and I would buy another pair without hesitation.

I know there has been another thread related to the Beriks vs the Gaerne SG10 and it seems as though members have chosen the Gaerne.

I am looking at the Sidi Crossfires. I spoke with Rider Support and he is telling me that they are available during the 1st week of March.

What is everyone's thoughts?

Alpinestar Tech 8 or 10 (Note: Tech 8s are redesigned for 2006)

Gaerne SG 10

Fox Pro Forma

Sidi Crossfire

Berik

Thor

My thoughts are that as soon as I can get a pair of the crossfires I am going to.

I currently have the Force SRS's and they are great.

I have the Berik's, As far as protection goes I am very happy with them saved my ankles more than once. I wear them around all day on and off the bike and they are comfortable. Great buckle system. For the price you cant go wrong.

i have never worn SIDI's but i am sure they are comparable with my

sg10's tech 8-10/sg-10/sidi i am sure you cant go wrong

i wouldnt sling anything else over my ankles