Wrist injury ?

OK, this question is going have holes/blanks that I can't fill in but do the best you can. About 5 months back I jacked up my wrist some how and I've been nursing it ever since. The problem is that it's never gotten any better even after I got the cortizone shot (only helped for about 2 weeks). Now I am going back in to see the Ortho tomorrow and he is even a bit puzzeled on this as he could not find anything solid on the MRI or the Xrays. I'm sure he's going to havet to scope it at this point, I'm just wondering how long it typically take for that procedure to heal? I'm planning a trip to Moab in mid April and I need to be back to 100% or close to it.

Sounds broken or fractured......

If it never got any better I would go get an x-ray to find out where you are at for sure.... if it's not broken or fractured and still hurts at least you know you can still use it with out casuing other problems....

I broke my wrist last year and thought it was fine for 3 days, got an X-ray, found fracture, got cast and now I'm back doing my normal stuff with NO pain.

Sounds broken or fractured......

If it never got any better I would go get an x-ray to find out where you are at for sure.... if it's not broken or fractured and still hurts at least you know you can still use it with out casuing other problems....

I broke my wrist last year and thought it was fine for 3 days, got an X-ray, found fracture, got cast and now I'm back doing my normal stuff with NO pain.

Sorry was not finished with post for your answer....

Get an x-ray if nothing else. I shattered my shoulderblade in 2002 it still isn't completely bone. I really screwed the pooch on that get-off. It didn't seem like such a big deal when I first did it. Then I felt myself leaning way over to my left when I was climbing a hill. Those ribs are there for a reason I found out. I broke every dang one on that left side. Boy that was fun sneezing with. I wish you luck it sounds like a broken bone that healed up wrong or one that you shattered and are just going cowboy up about. I did the same thing with an ankle. Man did it ever ruin the tendons. Get the x-ray. pdawg ?

Had xrays twice now, but they can't see what's causing the pain from the xrays, that's why I also had an MRI and still they are not sure. But I know I'm not making this up b/c my freakin wrist is swollen, and I know pain.....this is for sure PAIN.

Post a copy of your ordinary x-rays. Frontal and side view.

Well I apprecitate your honesty, at this point I am "fairly" confident that my ortho will figure this out. I just want it done faster and if a surgery is the next step, I am curious what kind of time line I'm looking at for this to heal. I am going in to see him tomorrow morning, I will probably get some if these answers at that point (I hope). I do recall he and I discussing a possible condition, but he would not go into great detail, not sure why. Dang I can't recall what he called it, but what he was looking for was area's on the bone that were really white in color, had something to do with lack of blood circulation. I tried to get him to tell me more about that, but he wanted to hold off for a while, seems like Dr's have to be all to cautious these days.......

I had an 85% tear of the cartilage in my wrist. Had the scope and the clean up at the begining of October and it kept me off my bike until the first week of January. It felt good enough to ride in December but the Doctor wanted me to wait until February, so I figured January was a good compromise.