Track problems in NY district 34

just read this in a local paper this sucks!!!! so by my count that will leave district 34 with 2 tracks, that will make for a pretty lame series. :thumbsup:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The race for silence

This year, Plattekill vows to enforce racetrack rules

by David Decker

As spring nears, the Plattekill Town Board is gearing up to deal with another racing season. Except this year may be the one when the motors of motorcycles and ATVs are finally silenced.

"We're about to start another race season and the three tracks have the season schedules posted," said Nancy Gilman, who lives next to the Diamondback track. "The first practice is March 1st and the first race is the 19th."

Gilman, speaking at last Wednesday, Feb. 15's town board meeting, questioned whether the board will finally enforce the town's codes and laws strictly regulating commercial racing in residentially zoned areas such as hers.

Last October, the board approved an overhaul of the town's zoning codes that included forcing tracks to prove to the Zoning Board of Appeals that they had operated before prior zoning codes and that they had not made unapproved changes to the facilities. Other operating restrictions were added as well. Essentially, none of the town's four race tracks expected to be able to prove their case and would be allowed a minimum schedule of operations until they must eventually be closed within 10 years at maximum, depending on the individual case.

For some this could be the last or at best an abbreviated season.

"They've all been notified that they have to apply to the ZBA to prove their pre-existing status," said Supervisor Bruce Loertscher.

Gilman asked about on-site camping, which has never been an approved practice. "We're not going to tolerate it," said Councilman Steve Martinez. "And there will be no Sunday racing." He told Gilman that if she needs a witness to any violations she should call him.

"They know what the law states," Martinez added.

The supervisor answered that there are "a whole new set of laws to be enforced. The code enforcement officers have been told to enforce them."

The town's two noise meters were delivered to a company for calibration and the board has discussed scheduling official training classes for enforcement officials, including police and others in the town. The cost will be $4,250 for 10 people to be trained during three days of classes conducted by Rutgers University. Police Chief Gunther Henrich said six current officers were on the department the last time training took place almost 10 years ago.

PROOF WILL BE IN THE PUDDING

Despite Loertscher's and Martinez's statements, the effectiveness of Plattekill's enforcement efforts remain to be seen. With a judge's legal injunction against the Lembo Lake racetrack and Mike Lembo's recently filed lawsuit against the town regarding its new codes, Martinez said those legal issues need to be settled. Diamondback will also be handled differently than other tracks because they won a prior lawsuit concerning pre-existing status, said Loertscher. Some of those legal challenges may be addressed by zoning law clarifications to residential districts. The board will hold a public hearing on the proposed changes at its next meeting on March 1 at 7 p.m.

I would schedule a Sunday morning parade down queen bitches street for every Sunday this summer.

All rice burners and Harleys are welcome nothing fast just up and down in HIGH REV mode....

All bikes street legal of course, the cops can't do a thing nor will they hang out there all day... then????

We had a lady call on us about wakeboarding on the lake after dark, well we all know it was dusk and not dark as if it was dark we wouldn't be able to see the wake... So we did a few early Sunday morning rides rights up and down her side of the lake for a few weekends. Never got a call about riding after dark again.

NY SUCKS! :thumbsup:

Hilary lovers :bonk:

On a serious note that is a bummer :thumbsup:

yeah that really sucks bad we only have 5 tracks in the district and i heard word that one other is already closed so that will leave us with 1 TRACK!!!

&%$#@!!! this sucks :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Die yuppies, die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bonk::bonk::eek::eek::lol::bonk::bonk::eek:

:eek::lol::p:p:p:p:p:p

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::crazy::crazy::crazy:

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

:bonk:

yeah that really sucks bad we only have 5 tracks in the district and i heard word that one other is already closed so that will leave us with 1 TRACK!!!

&%$#@!!! this sucks :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Which track is already closed??

from what i hear they arent racing Southwoods anymore the built a Chalet on the moutain where the track was!!!

NY SUCKS!

stfu man....stupid californians :thumbsup: jk :thumbsup:

How much money does the town make off of the races? If it is a tidy sum take a page out of the greatest all around rider to lives book and boycott. I mean nobody show up. Nobody spend one red cent there. Oh the rider is Kenny Roberts and he changed both flattrack and roadracing where the riders had a chance to honestly earn some of the huge profits tracks were sticking in their pockets and telling riders don't like it go somewhere else. He did! He almost put the FIM out of bussiness. You don't have to take their crap. If there is heavy bucks involved. pdawg :thumbsup:

by the looks of it that wont be a problem if the town gets its way there wont be anytthing to show up to. they are trying to close down 3 of the 5 tracks we have in this district!!

The good news (if there is any) is that Diamondback and Ace are far off the main rd and hopefully the noise is muffled enough by the time it hits any nearby homes. I doubt the niose is louder than say a neighbors weedwacker. Doesn't the AMA get involved in disputes like this one?

Some tracks have compromised with quiet pipes for practice days and evenings and competition pipes for race days. Booming 4 strokes are a big part of it, the sound carries much farther than 2 strokes. Good luck! :thumbsup:

stfu man....stupid californians :thumbsup: jk :thumbsup:

But he's right, NY does suck:-) :bonk:

And I can say that with impunity, since I lived there for 20+ years (until a month ago).

Yes the AMA does get involved especially if the event is an AMA sanctioned race. All it takes is a phone call. Can't hurt to try. pdawg :thumbsup:

But he's right, NY does suck:-) :thumbsup:

And I can say that with impunity, since I lived there for 20+ years (until a month ago).

in my honest opinion i have been all over the USA and out of it also and you can keep California its not for me i will take NY any day

The town has been trying to close diamondback since the day they opened.

Mike Lembo built a MX track and had one race before he got shut down.

I'm thinking the only tracks that will survive will be Walden and Ace.

What about Claverack....

That's not under pressure too.... is it?

Keep buying those loud pipes so you can turn the same lap times but with much more noise!

Ace is on the same property as Diamondback and Walden is having trouble as we speak.

from what i was told is DB is safe for the next 7 years (the have a court order allowing them to keep operating for 10 years that was 3 years ago)

i hear the problem is walden and ace!