Sign in to follow this  

Husky's fully greased from factory?

Do Husqvarna's come fully greased from the factory unlike Japanese bikes or are there certain areas that need a little extra? Are there any areas on the 06 TE's that do need addressing out of the crate?

Mine was well greased everywhere...has zerks to make regreasing easy too.

Much better than any Japanese bike. My XR650R needed new bearings and grease when new.

Cool to know - I don't want to have to tear down a brand new bike to finish what the factory should have got right.

ITALIANS DO IT BETTER ....

Full greased, but remember to squeeze some grase on swingarm pivot after every washing

Zac

Ensure you grease the steering neck bearings. On several of my new bikes the factory seemed to have gone a little light in this area. :thumbsup:

Gunner Joe

Do Husqvarna's come fully greased from the factory unlike Japanese bikes or are there certain areas that need a little extra?

NO!! My 2004 Husqvarna CR125 was almost bare in the steering head and swing arm pivot bolt.

Steering head bearings! You must do these. Mine seized up very quickly.

Exactly! I would check this on most bikes though. I always did this on my KTM's because I heard they lightly greased. I got lazy on my Husky tho and had to replace the lower bearing.

I do think that the TE has a better seal than the TC tho.

If you take all the linkage apart and grease it with some molly or waterproof grease you can save those bearings.

I learned the hard way on my WR

You NEED to grease the steering bearings. Mine had enough grease to last a few months at the most. I always check these bearings since replacing the lower bearing is a PITA big time! I have pics of the job somewhere if you're interested.