1100 Mile Baja Bound Ride Report

Just returned home from a 9 day trip with Tim Morton and crew at Baja Bound. We began at San Quintin and ended at LaPaz. We stayed at Gonzaga Bay, Bahia de Los Angeles, San Ignacio, Loreto, and San Carlos along the way to La Paz. The sunrise on the Sea of Cortez is amazing.

Several times cris crossing the peninsula, lunch overlooking the coolest beach on the Pacific and dinner on the Sea of Cortz. Six riding days averaging 180 miles a day. Some nice single track and alot of small two track. Some highway if we became delayed maybe 10% or so. We came in after dark a few times so the headlight work paid off.

This was our 4th trip with Tim and our longest. For me riding in Baja with the support team he provides is the only way to go. We never worried about having a bed or how will we get out an injured rider. Real riders need only apply as this is not a slow, hold your hand type trip. But I wouldn't have it any other way. We rode our own bikes, and after a couple days R&R at the pool in La Paz flew back and picked up the bikes from Tim.

Thanks Again Tim ? ,

Jake

Sweet, You Lucky #%&@* I Seen The Sea Of Cortez On Jessy James Show .i Heard That Is Very Dangerous To Go In Small Groups(not Just Getting Hurt But Thieves In The Nite) Anyway Iam Checking The Site Rite Now,that Would Be The( Bombdigty)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!the Boogieman................boo

Thanks for the report. I have read about two unmarked peninsula crossing routes. The long Malcolm Smith route that starts north of El Rosario and comes out in vicinity of Puertecitos. The short southern route that goes from Catavina to Gonzaga Bay. So where did your group cross and how was that crossing? Thanks.

route that starts north of El Rosario and comes out in vicinity of Puertecitos.
That route wasn't going to fit into our schedule for this ride. It's also not a ride for any novice's, it's a very serious crossing. "JakeB" and and his guys are definately capable so someday we'll try to take 'em across it.
route that goes from Catavina to Gonzaga Bay. So where did your group cross and how was that crossing?
From below Cat. to below Ptcts. was our "plan" but things went haywire,,,something to do with a horse that sorta knocked down one of the guys...kinda hard to explain...

No really serious injury, well, then again if my 'sack' was black and blue...well, never mind....

Either way we had to beat feet and make time so we played it safe and boogied the Hwy to Chapala and then to Ptcts.

Thanks for the nice words "JakeB"!!!! A pleasure as usual with you guys!!