Should RC shift his focus to outdoors now?

I think so, let Bubba or Reed with this thing, gear up for outdoors and spank them all at least one more time, barring being railroaded again. Why risk getting injured trying to play catch up at this stage of his career? Is the AMA trying to tell RC maybe it's time for another champ? Could all of this fuel bs possibly be about something else?

OK, take the tin foil off your head there captain conspiracy theory ?

All kidding aside, the rules are the rules until they are changed. His fuel was out of specification, no matter how stupid (and I agree) we think this rule is. So while I agree the rule is poor, I have to applaud the AMA for having a spine about it and not folding under the pressure of the fans, media, riders, and so on.

Now, it's my opinion that RC should not stop racing SX because of this. It would not be fair to his team's sponsors as well as his own. He's now a longshot for the title, but he can still deliver for sponsors by winning, making the podium, being in the pits for fans and so on. Besides that, being a quitter when things go wrong is weak and not how a champion does things.

I just think RC's earned the right to do whatever he wants especially after getting screwed, champion like or not. It really sucks because although I like Stewart and Reed I wanted to see RC beat them both straight up, no bs. At the half way point it wasn't sealed, and RC would be foolish to talk like it was, but it was starting to look good.

I think RC is gay and that the AMA is ran by a bunch of redneck homophobes and they're screwing him because he's gay.

LET THIS REST!! IT'S OVER AND RICKY GOT SCREWED!! IF HE'S REALLY THAT BADASS, HE CAN CATCH UP AND WIN THE TITLE.

Great logic.

Bubba will win because that's what the AMA wanted from the beginning of the season ?

Reed will be penalized for fuel or rough riding and Bubba will end up the champion. ?

I unfortunately have to agree with you. Of course we'll just have to wait and see, but I predict it'll become obvious as the season progresses.

Ricky can do one of two things. Well...actually three.

1. He can simply keep racing and watch bug-eyed like the rest of us as the AMA hands the championship to Stewart.

2. Pull out the rest of the Supercross series in protest but claiming " he's getting ready for the outdoors." This would put a lot of heat on the AMA as many of RC's fans would not but tickets for the remaining races and bring yet more attention to the AMA's dirty call.

3. RC could keep racing the series and clean Stewart's and Reed's clocks, putting them out of individual races, or possibly the series, in order to gain back a point advantage for the Champoinship.

Nice to see I'm not the only one with tin foil on my head. If RC pulls out now he will sort of come off like a whining quitter, and people will blast him for using the remaining time to get a head start on the outdoor season. But pulling out will also hurt ticket sales and teach the AMA a valuable lesson on imposing ridiculous fines that hurt the sport they're trying so hard to publicize.

I have to applaud the AMA for having a spine about it and not folding under the pressure of the fans, media, riders, and so on.

I agree

think RC is gay and that the AMA is ran by a bunch of redneck homophobes and they're screwing him because he's gay LET THIS REST!! IT'S OVER AND RICKY GOT SCREWED!! IF HE'S REALLY THAT BADASS, HE CAN CATCH UP AND WIN THE TITLE.

I agree 10000000%

I tell you what I think Suzuki is just threatening but why risk getting hurt when you are forces out of the points chase. On the other side of the coin, guess anyone out of the top 5 could say the same thing and walk away. The champion that he is he has to race it out and hope for the best, the best being one bad race for REED.