Rear tire

Which rear tire would be best for My TE450, I mostly ride DEZ with lots of sand wash and softer terrain, very little rocky hillclimbs etc. I believe a soft to intermediate tire, but which one ??

Thanks

in europe we use michelin, pirelli and metzeler as FIM appoved tire.

In genre, pirelli and metzeler are better in muddy rock and european enduro, michelin is better in cross test with a field of grass.

zac

I would go with either the Michelen S12 or M12. Either one would be a hell of a tire for that terrain. I think teh M12s tend to wear a little better.

I have pretty much standardized on the S12 for the rear. I use it on all my bikes inclduing the 510. Works great just about everywhere.

Maxxis Desert IT

120/100-18

That is what I race with, never had a flat and it works great in the dez.

Maxxis Desert IT

120/100-18

That is what I race with, never had a flat and it works great in the dez.

Second vote for the Maxxis Desert IT...

Second vote for the Maxxis Desert IT...

3rd Vote for the Maxxis Desert IT, I run it at Moonrocks and the Maxxcross IT in all other conditions. They wear real good and can usually get 2 for the price of a Michelin.

Kraig Traum

D36 Enduro Steward 2006

CERA President

www.cera.org

If you go S12 get 120 or larger as the 110 is a totally different tire and sux.

K

If you go S12 get 120 or larger as the 110 is a totally different tire and sux.

K

Kelly,

I would guess you mean the yellow sticker US size? I just looked at the S12 140/80(120/100?) I run on my TE610E and 130/80(110/100?) off my WR250 and don't really see a difference except maybe knob size is slightly smaller. They both seem to work for me, my WR125 has 120/80(100/100) on it.

What am I missing?

My next ??

What size are You running, 110/100 USA sizing.

the stock 140 rubs the can slightly.

Another vote for the Maxxis Desert IT.

The Kenda Carlsbad is also an option and its cheap.

Kenda Trakmaster II is decent, I like it better than Maxxis IT (non-desert), it wears faster but gave me better bite/traction and it's cheaper and it's DOT if you care. I'm putting on a 100/100 just to lower the bike a bit to get used to the tall seat...then probably go to a 110/100. I like to be able to break the rear loose to spin around on tight trails.

Which rear tire would be best for My TE450, I mostly ride DEZ with lots of sand wash and softer terrain, very little rocky hillclimbs etc. I believe a soft to intermediate tire, but which one ??

Thanks

The best Tire is a Brand New one.

That being said, if you have to run Maxxis to keep them fresh, that's the way to go. Desert Riding I use Maxxis IT or Desert IT and an SI on the front.

The things are dirt cheap and not too bad performance-wise.

I think the Dunlop is a better Tire grip-wise maybe, but they cost a bit more.

Thanks for the info, going shopping this weekend, right after the Carb gets rejetted and the throttle limiter gets removed.

:thumbsup:

Anyone using a TeraFlex? Does it fit?

I should have asked if anyone was using the TeraFlex 150/90-18 on a TE450...

I've used the 120/100-18 Dunlop D739 AT ....

Amazing sidewall (God help you if you get a flat when on the trail), great adhesion to most surfaces (I ride sand, hard pack, rocks, asphalt, and anything in between)... however after 500 miles of abuse it tends to lose it's bite and has worn to about 45%. ... I think I can say flats are honestly... not a problem with that tire.

I won't lie... I've not used the Maxxis, or the Michelin.... however the Michelin is mounted up on our race bike for the 500. I'll flog it in a couple weeks and know just how it holds up.

:thumbsup:

Chaparral has Maxxis Desert ITs on sale for $32 fronts/ $36 rears in their catalog right now. Free shipping over $100. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Chaparral has Maxxis Desert ITs on sale for $32 fronts/ $36 rears in their catalog right now. Free shipping over $100. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Not what I found;

Select Style: Select Size:

Rear-120/100-18

Price: Status:

$49.99 EXP:03/12/2006

And when you add it to your cart, it adds $9 more to the price as MISC fee!

120/100 18 MAXXIS DESERT IT TI

$49.99 $9.00 $58.99

Where'd you get that price you mentioned... how about a link??

Dunlop 952 110/90. Around $47. Wears well, good grip & a way stronger sidewall than the Maxis. My 2cents :thumbsup: