moving to houston?

I'll be moving to houston in the next month, was wondering where to ride. I'm not a big track guy like woods and trail/tech riding more than anything else. also where is a good honda dealer down there. thanks.

I just saw the thread by the guy from chicago. houston must be a popular place we're all moving there. I'm moving down from Amarillo and would like to find some places to ride,and some people to ride with or a club. any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Northwest Honda (Bob Lunsford's), Honda of Houston, Stubbs. They are all decent shops with Honda of Houston really being the most dirt oriented. There arent many trail riding oportunities to speak of, Sam Houston National Forest and a private club or two that has land leased. Weather is good for riding all year round. A track or two does have some offroad trails but not lengthy wilderness experiences or anything. Keep in touch and we can show and tell more.

There are miles of trails in the Sam Houston national forest which is up int. 45 towards Dallas at New Waverly. http://www.dbsaclub.org/newdbsa1/index.html

is in San Antonio, about 3.5 hours from Houston.

I will keep in touch thinking of riding my bike down tomorrow to look at two or three houses in I think she said the woodlands, is this an ok place?

I will keep in touch thinking of riding my bike down tomorrow to look at two or three houses in I think she said the woodlands, is this an ok place?

Prich,

I live in Dallas/ Ft Worth. I use this site for most of the places I go ride. Excellent site. There are plenty of places around Houston.

http://www.txtracks.com/

Greg :thumbsup:

The Woodlands is a very large community with a total infrastructure set up. It has every price range imaginable and some very nice amenities for a Houston neighborhood. They have kept down roadside advertising and installed a lot of bike/pedestrian trails with a small separation from the roadway. Very tranquil in relation to most of Houston's neighborhoods. It would be a commute if working in DT though a lot of people do, but there is plenty of employment between the 2 areas (Woodlands and Downtown).

I am also looking at a relocation to the Houston area. I am in the market to buy a house. any ideas where the nicer areas are to live?

Realtors???? and so forth. Upper 200's to mid 300's

suggestions, comments.

Also looking for some cool folks to hookup with to do some good ooo southern riding. I'm from Washington State so we have lots of woods, and desert riding. I'm no racing guy by any stretch of the word just a 30 something guy who like to F*#K around.

Thanks

Brian

where in washington? I grew up there and my family still live there. Moving is kind of a bad deal because I have a pretty good network of people to ride with here in amarillo, which took awhile to put together. you can find people to ride with, but cool people to ride with is another story.

Prich -

Coming from Puyallup, Not sure how far Amarillo is from Houston, but cool people are the ones I would like to find. Damn I was hoping it would not be too hard to find some.

Here it is real easy to find cool folks, Everyone who rides usually drinks and well more than one thing in common "riding and Drinking" is a great start hahah

perhaps I'll look you up when I get to town later this year.

thanks for the INFO

Tow69

there and clalum(spelling)bay are where my family live. any way that sounds like the people I ride with. although I can't drink and ride because I ride with people that are so much better then me, what they take as a given I will have to put some effort forth, now after the ride it's on. amarillo is ruffly 10-12 hours from houston, this will be a fun move with 3 dogs in the cab of the truck, think anybody would notice if I packed them in the uhaul (ha-ha)?

Prich -

Coming from Puyallup, Not sure how far Amarillo is from Houston, but cool people are the ones I would like to find. Damn I was hoping it would not be too hard to find some.

Tow, make sure you visit Houston before moving there. If I had the opportunity to move to the PNW I'd take it in a heartbeat. But I'd have to get paid a Hell of a lot of $ to move to Houston. I've spent quite a bit of time there and I really hate the place. San Antonio and Austin are much nicer cities IMHO. My Best friend lives out in Houston, he likes it, but he's really into the Money aspect of that city, the Galleria, Fancy cars, homes etc. Lot's of place to party and drink is a plus. Snobby bitches :thumbsup: Traffic :thumbsup: Heat :bonk: , Housing is CHEAP though.

I think Houston is one of those cities you either Love it or Hate it. I and most of the New Orleanians I know Hate the place.

Ya, Houston was not my first choice but my wifes family live there and well. there you go. the only real problem I'm having is I have never been on an MX track and trails appear to be far and few between, coming from riding in the PEA, (holds caprock canyon enduro) and the Canadian river I'm used to a whole different kind of riding and terrain, it'll be different.

:bonk: Well I'm heading there next week on a business trip. So we'll see :bonk::bonk: . I lived there when I was a wee lad. :confused:

Who knows but lots o riding a must :cry::bonk:

Coming from the Puget Sound ie.. The Great North West yes :thumbsup: "SEAHAWK COUNTRY" :thumbsup: trail riding is the norm, Lots of desert riding as well.

:p by the way the HAWKS are the FU*KIN CHAMPS and we all know that :moon:

:bonk: I got a 100 mile ride coming in less than 3 weeks. Getting pumpped :confused:

ya I'm living Dallas but I've got the hometown Hawks in my heart.

Sam Houston National Forrest is only about 45min-1 hour outside of Houston, check out Trail Riders of Houston " TRH" . And, Welcome to Houston I hope we get a chance to ride together. KC XR600

If you do move to Houston, you will HAVE to make the trip up to the red river(muenster). Maybe about a 7(+/-) hr north drive from houston. About 1/2 hr north of Dallas. 2500 acres of trails. Great place.

[quote name=dukeryder

I think Houston is one of those cities you either Love it or Hate it. I and most of the New Orleanians I know Hate the place.[/quote]

Interesting statement from a person from a filthy and corrupt city who's own politicians misspent billions of dollars over many years (more than the entire state of California on flood control) :bonk: . Probably reelect the same idiots that screwed you the first time and notice they dont want you back? We saved your ass and you have showed no respect whatsoever. The sooner you go back the better, we really had no intention for you to stay and bleed our economy and welfare. We were trying to help you thru a very nasty and dangerous situation. The water has receded haul ass! :bonk: BTW maybe next time you will make sure your house is above river level, that would be bright :bonk: . Houston was just fine before the half a million guests who wont leave arrived. Prior to your statement I liked most people from NO, maybe I will rethink it. :thumbsup::thumbsup::confused:

The people of Alabama and Mississippi are still waiting for any kind of help! You dont see them whining on national TV about how they were mistreated! Help yourself.

And you made a comment on the women! &%$#@! do you know about women, I still cant tell the men from the women there! The ones at Mardi Gras are from other states hence why they look good!