DR650se Choke cable broken. Help plz!!

Hi all.

My choke cable has broken, well its not the cable itself, its the black plastic elbow at the Carb side thats snapped in half..

I read somewhere that the DR350(pull knob version??) will fit the 650se (cable version)

This sounds like a realy good idea cause there's less chance of things breaking in the future (no plastic elbow or cable) when removing carb and jetting, etc

What i need to know is, what year and model DR350 pull choke should i be trying to get hold of?

Thx for your help guys..

Call jesse @ kientech.com

Hi all.

My choke cable has broken, well its not the cable itself, its the black plastic elbow at the Carb side thats snapped in half..

I read somewhere that the DR350(pull knob version??) will fit the 650se (cable version)

This sounds like a realy good idea cause there's less chance of things breaking in the future (no plastic elbow or cable) when removing carb and jetting, etc

What i need to know is, what year and model DR350 pull choke should i be trying to get hold of?

Thx for your help guys..

Call jesse @ kientech.com

Nice advice R_Little thx m8, but i was wondering if any1 in these forums has tried it themselves.

Just call him. He has the Dr350 choke plunger in stock.

You're welcome

I've had a problem with my bike dying over the last few days....only when I cut the bars hard to the left. I traced it to a loose connection at the choke lever (on the bars). I'd like to get rid of the cable as well. It's just one more thing to go wrong IMO. I'll call jesse tomorrow

Nice advice R_Little thx m8, but i was wondering if any1 in these forums has tried it themselves.

Yes it works! I was the one that did it to my 2005 DR650 after breaking the OEM one twice, I called Jesse AT KEINTECH and he promptly stopped what he was doing and took a DR350 choke and checked to make sure it would fit in the DR650 carb that he has. he also did the same with 350 18" wheel. wonderful guy that Jesse, call him. ask KTMBLAKE he has my DR now with a IMS tank on it he said it was harder to reach with the tank on it.

So I wonder if Jesse has these laying around the shop? I haven't heard of many people ditching the choke cable. Does he have a line on the plungers?

He has new oem 350 plungers on the shelf...

Thx guys for your input.

Yesterday i gave Jesse a call, he said theres not a problem with the 350 pull type plunger, so i ordered 1 from my local Suzuki dealer, i would have ordered 1 from Jesse but i'd have to wait a while for it to be mailed to me in the UK and i could do with 1 sooner rather than later.

Thx all.

It works great. Slick solution too, especially since as Matt explained to me, when the plastic piece breaks - it's entirely probable it will affect how the bike runs, and you'll have a devil of a time finding the problem.

With the IMS tank, it is harder to reach (find) the knob, but thankfully mine hasn't needed the choke much at all now that Ice Station Zebra is thawing for Spring.

I ordered one from jesse this morning. It seems like a pretty straight forward swap. This could have been a pita had it happened in the middle of a 1500 mile ride

I got my choke plunger through yesterday from my local Suzuki dealer, its for a DR350 1998 model.(i think)

When i 1st looked at it i wasnt very positive about it fitting because it looked far too long.

Once i stripped out my original cable type i put the new 1 in and it works a treat.

Nice simple mod.

If any1 wants the original item number for the plunger let me know cause i still have the packaging which it came in..

Ride safe guys..

Here is the Suzuki part number if any1 needs it:::::::

Description : Plunger Assy

Part Number :13411-14E10

did it make any difference in performance or tuning? i think mine might be making my bike lean and that i need to switch to the 350 style.

did it make any difference in performance or tuning? i think mine might be making my bike lean and that i need to switch to the 350 style.

Is hard to say realy, the weather in the UK (and my UK Dynojet kit SUX) is all over the place at the mo (warm,raining then Snow) all in the same day.. :thumbsup:

What i have noticed thou is that it makes carb removal and instal far easier, cause there's 1 less thing to worry about breaking..

IMHO If you think yours is broken in any way then i'd recommend you replace it with the pull type from the 350.

Mine broke on the 90 degree plastic bend going into carb, when i stripped it down i could see through the broken side wall of the 90 degree bend upto the choke plunger area on the end of the cable, plus there was alot of white deposits around choke area , which might indicate air being drawn through into choke,

Hope this helps you..

:thumbsup: