How much is too much?

I have recently purchased a 1999 TE410 & have noticed that there are alot of inlets on the airbox cover that are covered over by the graphics. I have seen other bikes with the side airbox & some have all the vents showing & some only have the two running along the bottom edge. Hoping you guys can fill me in on the best setup for my bike.

I use the bike for about 60% commute & 40% dirt

I know that there is such thing as too much air, which brings on the question of HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH?

Lots of holes is a common mod,R and D in Sydney set my 92 TE 350 up like this,the only mod to jetting was to the idle jet,give them a ring and ask for the workshop and Micheal will probably tell you what jetting to run,only down side is in deep water crossing if the water flow is on the airbox side.Use a Stanley knife and cut the graphics

out CAREFULLY.It might need a mix screw adjust meant after to maintain easy starting.The extra holes are 30mm dia aprox and there are 5 or 6 and usually have mesh on top.

There's no such thing as too much air,,, doesn't matter how open your airbox is,, the carb can only take in so much,,,but you can starve it by not having enough air available. once you open your airbox, check your jetting, it might be lean now because the airbox could have been starving the carb with the stickers on. ?