wrong choice

i just bough an 06 450x,wich i thought would be a\ fine bike.As i know now if you like to go on tight trials,or awkward tracks you better be damn strong. i am not a small chap but the wieght is such a isue i have got rid loosing lots on it in less than 20 days .so i though i d let you know its a heavy brute. my new 250 comes soon so i hope i aint got it wrong again....

buck up the bike aint that heavy Im a 5'8" 130 LB weakling and i flip the bike around no broblem

An improperly setup bike or lack of time to adjust is no reason to say it's heavy...You might like the 250 better, but many love the 450. Again, set the bike up for YOU and then ride it.

im 6 foot 3 210 lbs its heavey and numb! like my self before you say owt!"! loads of grunt but just didt rate it. on the track it was fine ill it was wet ,soon as the lean was low you were picking the beast up ooo my poor back.my 2001 ktm was better too use

oo by the way set up does not reduce the wieght!!

...You might like the 250 better, but many love the 450.

I'm thinkin he may better off on a resprung CRF230.

That bike is awesome in tight technical stuff (but still heavy). It's also a great chick bike :thumbsup:

Booya try the CRF50 it may be more to your liking.

While I'll agree the CRF450X is a heavy mother it does handle quite well and rides lighter than it is if properly sprung and setup for the rider. That being said it could sure use a diet. Honda, 2007?

You are weak. I've taken my bike through some nasty singletrack and I can throw it around just fine. I am only 6' 145 pounds and I can lift it up no problem.

Heavy ???

Try slogging around a Suzuki DRZ400 for a few years.

This 450X will be a picknic other than all that power :thumbsup:

I will put my heavy DRZ against your 450X anyday! I would do it Friday, but I have to work.

45174355-M.jpg

That's a heavy dirt bike.

i wish i had a photo to show you what tracks we go through, form thick forrests to pure swamps, the bike can end up sunk up to the fuel tank, it takes 2 of us to lift it out, i am not questioning its handling or power, i infact liked the bike but its not for what i do and thought it could save someone the same mistake as i did but it seems like you guys are on flowing tracks.

by the way ive solved the problem... ive employed some american tourists to follow me through the lake district to carry my bike and feed me grapes when i get tired. :thumbsup:

If you're just wading in swamps, maybe a mountain bike may be quicker and easier to carry.

Around these parts (So Cal), no one really rides on tracks with a 450X - that's what the 450R is for. I spend lots of time riding/bulldogging my X over/around rocks.

Maybe you should do a little research before you buy a bike. This is not a heavy bike for what it was made for. Sound like you just bought the wrong bike and you may have bought the wrong 250 too.

i just bough an 06 450x,wich i thought would be a fine bike.As i know now if you like to go on tight trials,or awkward tracks you better be damn strong. i am not a small chap but the wieght is such a isue i have got rid loosing lots on it in less than 20 days .so i though i d let you know its a heavy brute. my new 250 comes soon so i hope i aint got it wrong again....

If it is the wrong choice then just sell it and be done with your grief.

any comments on a crf250r i think ill go the whole hog and be done with it :thumbsup:

I'm 6'2" and 210 with my gear on and I think the bike is great. I don't find the weight to be any problem at all. If you are on the ground with it all the time maybe your skill level isn't ready for a bike this size and one that has an abundance of power. At your size I think you will be very disappointed in a 250. A ridding buddy has one and is a little bigger than me and his bike is a dog on big hills. He runs out of power hauling his big butt around. You might consider keeping the 450 and putting a set of training wheels (or floats) on it............

i just bough an 06 450x,wich i thought would be a fine bike.As i know now if you like to go on tight trials,or awkward tracks you better be damn strong. i am not a small chap but the wieght is such a isue i have got rid loosing lots on it in less than 20 days .so i though i d let you know its a heavy brute. my new 250 comes soon so i hope i aint got it wrong again....

I had to read this three times to understand what you were trying to say. :thumbsup: I'm 5'7" and have no problems with tight slow trail riding on this bike.

just thought id say hi . i sold the beast and the dealer said "i see what you mean it is heavy"as he lifted it out the van any way he then blew a new ktm in to my van witch rocks light fast go any where and can do motox ..heave the wrong choice round good luck !! ps easy to work on no rubbish to go wrong and if the e start was to fail it starts like a dream too .. by the way do honda use 450 x to enduro