3rd Annual TT Hillbilly Trail Ride Announcement

Are spark arrestors required? Will anyone be checking for them, even on a 2 stroke? What about db levels?

I've been several times and never seen anyone checking. West Virginia is generally pretty casual about those things. You can also ride your dirt bike on the road most anywhere in the towns except on the highway.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Tean Burke -are you going to post an update of attendees and plans and what trails we'll ride etc etc? I can't believe it's a few weeks away!

Mark Gallagher

I'm planning on making it for the cook out and riding on Friday only as of right now. With the little one here now and work is going to keep me from riding on saturday the way it looks. I am staying the night on thursday this year so I don't have to travel as far as I usually do. It will be great time again and its almost here! :ride:

Later

Andy

It looks like I'll be able to join in the festivities after all. It is a full day’s journey for me. So I plan on arriving at the Twin Hollow Camp Ground (Gilbert area) on the afternoon of July 26th and departing Monday or Tuesday the following week. I have to get my trail time in ya know. The passes are not exactly given away. So that said, does anyone else plan on camping out during their stay? If so it seems that it would be more fun to share the misery, stories, and experiences with others. I haven’t set anything in stone yet so flexibility is my middle name. It seems that my “hard-core” riding palls have better things to do. One mentioned mowing the lawn; like the grass cares to be mowed.

Bill,

Kenny, DRZ400E / WR450 and Mike, XR250 will be attending again this year. Dan, EXC400 and I are still a no show unfortunatley. As of yesterday, their plans are to stay at the Logan Best Western. They'll have an enclosed trailer with Ohio plates. I'll find out which days their riding and get back to you.

Everyone, have a great time. I'll look forward to the uploaded pictures!

Geez, I was just thinking about putting together a trip to HM and stumbled across this announcement! I live in Richmond, VA and think I can pull it off last minute style. Any other last minute or regulars headed over from my area? I have an XR650L and would rather haul it over instead of riding loaded with camping gear.... ?

MikeH

Sounds like a fun trip and ive been wanting to check out the HM trails but unfortunately we already have a trip to canada planned for that time.

I'll be looking forward to the 4th annual tho .......... and plan my vacations around it if possible.

Just curious tho .............. do any of you guys bring the wives or girlfreinds along??

Or is this strictly a stag event?

I live in Richmond, VA .....any regulars headed over from my area? I have an XR650L and would rather haul it ?

MikeH

hey MikeH (michub) I see u live in richmond...where do u normally ride and how often? i try to ride weekly when i can and have a few riding buddys in VA. i am in newport news right beside ft eustis and drive to king george to ride eagle bay, go to surry to ride slades park, and also have been to Buddscreek. I am loading up and going with someone so i have no advice for you on partnering up, but i must say that you dont want to miss this! i went last year and had a blast! just make sure that you bring a camalbak and all the neccessary riding gear and maintance equipment. there were alot of ppl there last year that will help u out if need be and pleanty of groups to ride with so u dont need to go with anyone, you will meet pleanty of ppl there! and there all good people so....hope you make it!

Sounds like a good time. I am going to try to make it. Depends on work. If I can't ride would like to stop by for the cookout. I live just north of Chalreston, So if anybody needs anything when they get here to WV let me know. I have a bunch of spare parts for all kinds of bikes so just give me a shout.

Hey PMC - Thanks for the reply...I ride atleast weekly but have been wearning down my good MT-21's doin' pavement and really need to get offroad more. I have been to Slades Park(about and 1hr away) and in the woods around town. I rode to Budds Creek this year....

The Hillbilly TT would be 400 miles for me, I considered a U-Haul but @.50/mile I quickly gave up on that. I should get a hitch and a small trailer for my Honda Accord for trips like that, maybe even a cheap pickup....

Can you tell me anymore about Eagle Bay?

Ps. A skid plate is highly recommended! :ride:?

See you there! ?

AHHHH! I see someone on a Suzuki DR didn't read this! It's only funny because Taylor had enough sense to bring the JB Weld. Good thing he was with you all when it happened.

Great ride, I had a good time. Those trails rock. Thanks for putting in the effort to organize the trip. Please share all the pictures and videos when you have time. I really want to see the video of us trying to climb that hill on the ridgeline.

I had a great time again this year. I will definately go back next year -hope to see you all there and even some more people too. Great trails!

Mark

I have a few pix I can send to someone that wants to host them -tell me where to send -I took less pictures this year -it gets in the way of riding :-)