Lightest toy hauler

Hey,

Carson makes a new hauler called the Rebel and it's only 14ft. If I'm not mistaken it weighs 3k lbs and the GVWR is 5500 lbs. It's not on their website yet but if you call them they can give you the specs.

310-516-6046. That's their corporate HQ number.

Hey,

Carson makes a new hauler called the Rebel and it's only 14ft. If I'm not mistaken it weighs 3k lbs and the GVWR is 5500 lbs. It's not on their website yet but if you call them they can give you the specs.

310-516-6046. That's their corporate HQ number.

that rebel is on the site and has a gvrw of 7000lbs. thats why i didn't post it cuz the ww supercross has a lighter gvwr

Just to clarify, are you looking for the lightest toy hauler, or the one with lowest gvwr (can handle the least amount of weight including trailer and cargo)?

Looks like the Carson is physically the lightest and the WW can handle the least amount of weight.

Thanks for the info, i have a 99 Astro van, i had to get a van for work so i don't have a PU, so i'm looking for something that i can tow with my van (5500 towing). I've seen some nice pop ups with a cargo deck and tons of room inside but a don't like setting up at 1 am in the morning with the kids.

Has anybody seen specs on the the smaller Hobbi trailers? We might just have to get another Dakota for the wife and keep the travel trailer. ?

I went to the RV show in Eugene today and saw the new Airstream Basecamp, 2,000 gross weight loaded. Might be just the trick if you only haul two bike and have a small SUV.

Mike

'98 TE410

dont get a dakota buy a real truck ram 1500 or 2500

It's going to be my wifes truck. We had a Dakota before and i really liked it, 4.7L 4X4 Quad cab. With it fully loaded with gear, 2 bikes, 2 adults, 2 kids, 1500lb tent trailer and all the extras, we could do 90k's up the Coquahalla Hwy snow shed hill i think it's between 5 and 8% grade. Same load in my 86 f250 351, 50 to 55k's. There wasn't enough room with the tent trailer now that we have a travel trailer we load that up gear. O yeah, we got about 18 to 20 mpg.

. O yeah, we got about 18 to 20 mpg.

i sure dont believe that. i had a 2 wd durango with 4.7 and empty it would get if lucky 15mpg. towing my boat under 10mpg, my buddy had a 6cly dakota and it was worse. and a guy i work with said he was lucky to 13-14, he traded for a new quad cab hemi and gets avg 15mpg now. that 235hp 4.7 is a sad motor.

heres a pic of my wifes truck and shes a little thing

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f204/munchieu/school020.jpg

if your seeing that kinda mpg my all dodge owners would be jealous i know i am.

i sure dont believe that. i had a 2 wd durango with 4.7 and empty it would get if lucky 15mpg. towing my boat under 10mpg, my buddy had a 6cly dakota and it was worse. and a guy i work with said he was lucky to 13-14, he traded for a new quad cab hemi and gets avg 15mpg now. that 235hp 4.7 is a sad motor.

heres a pic of my wifes truck and shes a little thing

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f204/munchieu/school020.jpg

if your seeing that kinda mpg my all dodge owners would be jealous i know i am.

That's Canadian MPG, our liter is bigger than yours 4.54l to 3.78l then i convert to MPG. Try explaining why an 8 get's better than a 6 to my wife.

A friend got a Quad Hemi, went from a Tacoma w/ 35's and though the Tacoma was bad on fuel w/ the 35's O yeah, that's my wife driving it, w/ me driving not good

the problem with the pop up with the loading ramp for a bike or atv. is you increase your tongue weight.

With most 1/2 ton trucks and or SUV's you are probably going to want to use WDH such as hensly or similar device. Thing is you have to calculate all the wieght in the truck, plus water, gas, people luggage etc. As far a tongue weight a balancer or WDH will fix that for you.

I looked at the Starcraft 36RT this weekend and it is balanced so you can load the front with you bikes and atill have a tongue weight in the 400's.

I looked at a couple of pop ups with the deck, the tongue weight is supposed to be 700lbs, the sale guy said you can load as much as you want to on the deck as long as the tongue weight is not more than 700. But i don't like setting up at 1 or 2 in the morning. We had tent trailer before and my wife got sick of me complaining about setting up, as long as she is enjoying her beer ?