Where to find a vintage husky?

Early eighties bike with 40mm forks and Ohlins piggybacks work pretty well, the brakes still suck though. If your not a purist or don't race AHRMA, an '87 disc brake front end makes it a great rider. I ride my '82 quite a bit, earlier short travel bikes, that's another story! Try Ebay for a bike, look at parts, some complete bikes there.

Norman

I have one I put together to build the ultimate fit into the Vintage MX rules.

73 125 frame (steers quicker than the 250 frame), purchased new thru Husky parts, has # & title

74 250 CR swingarm (rare & coveted piece) 1" longer and shock moved forward 1" from the comon piece. 76 360 CR engine, 76 steering head bearing

76 Swing arm pivot. A "Snake" pipe that I think came from Uptite??? that had to be modified to fit. New Works performance shocks made to order.

Lectron carb (have a mikuni also but the Lectron is much faster. The engine is the same one I raced in 76, I had bored out the sleeve and made my own to fix a problem Husky had in those years, this engine was a rocket!

Bike is 99% complete, If I where going to run it I wanted to get a new brake cable, mount fresh rubber, should built a heat shield for the pipe.

Front end has 125 triple clamps (steer way better) and 77 Burleson Replica forks (this was the last of the non forward axel forks, has longer sliders for more ridgidity that came with 7" travel but these are shortened to vintage spec. Tank is aluminum, 2 gallon has paint removed and is polished, I also have a new, never used black tank from a 390. Seat has been reuplostered about 1" taller.

I parted out 22 old bikes to build this out of the best, plastic is not premo but serviceable. I started it when it was done, rode around the culdesac and it has not been touched since. Some spares included (no I do not have any new plastic) I was about 48 then and not interested in racing anymore, now its 13 years later and I am definatly not going racing. $1,500, in Washington state.