Sign in to follow this  

New RCM125sx?

My friend is gonna start selling them, and I put money down on one of the first bikes he's getting. He brought one back from Indy and it looks good. Can anyone tell me what to watch for, or check for right out of the crate? I'll prolly tear it down and get the frame gusseted/ welded and powdercoated right away, grease and loc-tite everything. I've heard that TRX90 clutch springs and a better cable are a good idea. Anyone else have any tips to get me started? Are you other RCM riders happy with your bikes?

Check if you got a slip on exhaust cause if you got a welded one (like me) it will snap. Watch the rims since I just bent mine, check the gas cap since mine keeps leaking a little bit of gas that is probably a spoon full at most but it makes your pants smell like gas, and you may want to lower the triple clamps down since if you put it level the front end sits a little higher than the back around an inch higher, and the stock tires suck so we got the 2.75 Xtreme tire on the front and the 3.5 Xtreme tire on the back. Thats about it. If you have any problems call up Vince (owner of RCM) and he will mail you parts for cheap or free (if you are sponsored by him like me). Other than that it is a really fun bike that takes a beating and just wont die.

just check every nut and bolt be sure to check spokes.i took mine apart and greased all the bearings much smother.i bought starcross tires.yesterday was our first ride since its been cold and snowy.the bike perfomed awsome zero problems.the pitbike track we race on has some decent whoops,nice doubles and two big table tops nice straight away and real loamy corners the bike was great.the suspension is awsome none better that ive seen :thumbsup: the motor has good power but not geared right geared to low.im going up a couple on the counter sproket that will help.me and my son beat the hell out of it for about 5 hours on the track it was flawless :thumbsup: the only problem we had was the chain stretched real bad will be replacing that before next ride.im happy i went with the rcm.it handled everything we threw at it great bike.we had no clutch problems but im going with the trx90 springs just for reasurance from slipping.the bike is good im inpressed.my son was racing with some 110s that were modded and he was right there with them i am inpressed with the performance :bonk:

Thanks for the input guys. I hope to have it by the weekend. I'll prolly just burn the stock tires off and get a new set before we start racing.

Not sure who TLB is, haven't talked to Allen since he put in the new shop. Got it thru Rick If you've ever raced at East Run or Scoob's you might know him.

RCM125sx? seen these on ebay and also heard they went belly up and closed up shop

can u still get parts for the RCM bike?

D