Why do people BUY graphics? FLOWERS TOO?

Buy something functional rather than some graphics to make your bike look pretty. I swear it seams that some people just buy a dirtbike to put cool looking graphics on it and show it off to their friends. 400$ for graphics is just stupid. A good price for a set of stickers sounds like 30 bucks, not a hundred, or god forgive, 400. I got the stock graphics on my bike and if I needed new plastics I wouldn't even bother with new graphics, THE WAY IT RIDES IS MORE IMPOTANT. Don't be a poser and own a bike cause its cool, own it because its fun. Im sorry but people who buy graphics for their bikes make me laugh. They also make mad when someone could have benifited from a part needed while they make things pretty. Its like rather than waste your money on that why not sAVE money for a tube, tire, or help jimmy down the street with his bike. Bottom line, if your the type who has to have good looking graphics, you need to give your bike away to someone who like the RIDE of things and not the LOOK.

Excuse me why I vent and wish everybody acted like me ?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear what you are saying... but some people take pride of ownership and want the bike to look good. I buy graphics for my bikes when i replace damaged plastic and although I do not pay 400 bucks for it I think it looks better (to me) than scratched up plastic and that is who i buy it for; me!

If i cared what others thought, i would poll them to see what kind to purchase. If I am racing or trail riding the bike is in good shape and shows it.

I do agree in part with you though: I would always buy maintenance or hard parts before graphics but that is the thing of this hobby/sport you can do what you want if it is your bike.

i also think those who who take pride in the way it looks would take pride in the way the whole bike is kept up, i would rather buy a bike with great graphics than one that has torn up graphics, needless to say, its always better that someone else pays the money to make the bike look better

Well my friend put a graphics kit on his bike (which I just bought from him last weekend), came with a new seat cover. It did look pretty cool, until they started to peel off. I ripped the tank graphics off last night and while it does look kinda plain, it doesn't bother me. Though if I find a nice Honda Wing I might stick it on the tank but it doesn't bother me as it is.

I could care less if someone wants to spend the money on graphics or if they don't. It's their bike and their money, if they can afford to get some neat looking graphics, more power to them.

$400 graphics kit? Where, show me a $400 kit...

You can get shroud graphics for $59. Full kits (with gripper seat covers) are $149. The seat cover it self IS an upgrade. I hated the stock seat cover.

I would rather see scratched up graphics that junk scratched plastics. The graphics keep the plastic from getting thrashed. A better looking bike is going to have a higher resale than a bike that looks like it has been through hell.

I never went for "bling", whether it be for bikes or HP cars. Actually, I REMOVE most of the OEM graphics on the bikes I've had. Some are downright childish. I remember my YZ-400 had some kind of graphics on the tank I wasn't too crazy about. First time I sloshed fuel on the tank they came loose. It looked better plain.

I get my graphics from my sponsor. But if i didnt get them for nothing, i would prolly buy a decent set. Would spend up to about 150bucks i recon. I want my bike to look good aswell as go hard.

cheers

If you guys aren't concerned with how your bike looks, why take the graphics off? Why even worry about it? My girl buys my graphics and "bling" for my bike and my money goes to functional things. I think it's alright because you can make your bike a little different than those around you. I don't see why people care what other people do with THEIR money. I also don't get why some people are so anti-graphics and stickers. If you don't mind your bike looking like everyone elses, that's cool for you. I don't get to ride every day, week, or sometimes even month. I'm proud of my bike and I want it to look nice when I walk passed it for the long periods till I can ride again.

Why do you care what other people do with the bike they own and pay for. Some riders make enough money to buy what they want and if buying graphics makes them happy then great. Don't judge other people, not everyone has to think like you. If they are not hurting anyone then cool. JUST RIDE and have a good time.