Durhamtown is a blast!

Levy1,

Just getting back into dirt riding. I've been considering a trip down to Durhamtown this spring or summer. In your opinion, are there enough light trails for someone wanting to slowly get back into things or will I be in the way?

Marcam020

Levy1,

Just getting back into dirt riding. I've been considering a trip down to Durhamtown this spring or summer. In your opinion, are there enough light trails for someone wanting to slowly get back into things or will I be in the way?

Marcam020

I don't know of anyplace that would be better! Trust me, go soon! We are still trying to figure out why it took us so long to go! ?

Levy1,

Ride the A and B trails with no problem.

Durhamtown is fun, good trails and the tracks are well designed and SAFE. Lots of stuff going on at all times, the spectacle around the diner/shop is worth the admission price alone(IMO). I pinched a tube and had it replaced while at lunch. Sure enough after I had enjoyed some tasty BBQ I strolled out and my bike was waiting and ready, 17 for tube and 20 for work(plus a hefty tip, those guys were working like crazed weasels).

Lots, and I mean LOTS of quads around, some that would not move out of the way either, such is life I suppose.

Oh, the drag lanes. Mindless fun, and a safe place to keep the idiots. I had a grand old time running my friends 525 KTM on the drag lanes. Good to wind down from 5 hours riding, just hammer the throttle for 6-7 seconds and giggle.

I'll second everything they said. I have been to Durhamtown 50+ times and I still Love the place. They are always improving the place. MX#4 is great for us mostly woods riders

They are part of the SORCS Hare Scrambles Series www.sorcs.net and starting Mar. 18th they are running Saturday Hare Scrambles, the 3rd Sat. of every month.

For you racers out there. Mike and his staff always put together a great 8-10 mile course with a little tight stuff and some real fast stuff and everything in between. I ran the Moonshine Run HS there in '04 and it was a great course, and the 1st annual 12 hrs. of D'town was held last October and it was one of the best courses I've run. This year I'll put a team together instead of running it Ironman. It made for a long tough day. :bonk::bonk:

That is what is so great about D'town is that there is something for all kinds and levels of riders from your first time on a rental bike to the Expert rider.

If you have not checked out Durhamtown. Give them a call, and rent a cabin and spend a few days. My buddy Tom takes his family there for a week at a time and they stay in a cabin and they ride all day. They do this about 3-4 weeks a year. ??:bonk:

Walt