Sign in to follow this  

Go on strike E Town

RPMX is a bargain. The place can't help it with all the lawsuits they get hit with every year.

The guys at http://www.NJOHVA.org are lobbying for "limited liability" for off-road forms of recreation in NJ. Without a big payday, the lawyers won't pursue these lawsuits. Limited liability exists in PA and is the reason why PA insurance premiums are 1/3rd of what they are in New Jersey. It would designate off-roading activities as an inherently dangerous sport and place limitations on what an injury victim can sue for and how much they could collect.

For all the experienced riders out there that already know the risks, limited liability seems like something that should have been in place a decade ago.

How much could the insurance possibly cost ??? Between wed, fri, sat, sun on one good week they probably have several hundred riders @ 30 bucks a pop, they should make about 15 Grand !!

How much could the insurance possibly cost ??? Between wed, fri, sat, sun on one good week they probably have several hundred riders @ 30 bucks a pop, they should make about 15 Grand !!

I just got off the phone with my friend who knows David Napp. They still can’t find an insurance agent that will insure them for a reasonable cost. If they went with the current deal the daily pass would be 75 per day…

WOW,, thats just crazy !!

It amazes me that all the other activities are going strong,, carts, motard, drags, autocross, yet we are on the outs... :thumbsup:

P.S. they should just get some sort of blanket policy for the entire facility !!!

WOW,, thats just crazy !!

It amazes me that all the other activities are going strong,, carts, motard, drags, autocross, yet we are on the outs... :thumbsup:

P.S. they should just get some sort of blanket policy for the entire facility !!!

yeah i think it is because it's an add on to the park......who insures atco etc..

i just don't get it..............

I just got off the phone with my friend who knows David Napp. They still can’t find an insurance agent that will insure them for a reasonable cost.

I was told the MX race track is insured separately from the MX practice tracks and only the race track is insured. Is that what you were told too?

I was told the MX race track is insured separately from the MX practice tracks and only the race track is insured. Is that what you were told too?

yes..............

what sucks is it's not etowns fault.......i'm sure they want to keep the rates as low as possible so everyone can enjoy the track on a regular bais...

By the way, I practacally grew up at Raceway Park. There's no way I will be boycotting that place. I suggest people contact R-W-P with their comments rather than stay home and harbor bad feelings. This is a place with a long, long history of motorsports in in NJ. All forms for drag racing, motocross, karting, and jet ski racing are a part of this place's history. I'd rather boycott Wal-mart than boycot Raceway Park. This price increase doesn't warrant a defcon 1 response.

Boycott a track that supports the sport. That makes no sense at all. The State of New Jersey and it's lawsuit happy people make it bad for everyone. Spill coffee on your lap get a million dollars.....hurt yourself riding, PAYDAY....

I never have to work again.

Don't you think that with all the property that the track owns they'd make a KILLING selling it all....why bother dealing with the BS.

Remember the people that run the facility are enthusiasts in the sport.

So it's $40 to ride big deal.....nobody said riding motocross was cheap.

Boycott a track that supports the sport. That makes no sense at all. The State of New Jersey and it's lawsuit happy people make it bad for everyone. Spill coffee on your lap get a million dollars.....hurt yourself riding, PAYDAY....

I never have to work again.

Don't you think that with all the property that the track owns they'd make a KILLING selling it all....why bother dealing with the BS.

Remember the people that run the facility are enthusiasts in the sport.

So it's $40 to ride big deal.....nobody said riding motocross was cheap.

lukaitis9 is right. They have been around for a long time promoting mx. the problem is sue happy people. They went out and made a separate practice track but like usual, somebody has to screw it up. The township would love for the track to shut down and be turned into McMansions but RacewayPark keeps hanging on. People shouldn't boycott the place but support it. One day you know it will close and we will be left with nothing.

I just got off the phone with my friend who knows David Napp. They still can’t find an insurance agent that will insure them for a reasonable cost. If they went with the current deal the daily pass would be 75 per day…

I would take 75/day and open. They can keep shopping for cheaper insurance and if they find it they can change companies and lower the fee. In the mean time I would rather pay 75 than drive and extra hour to go to a crappy track.

Yup, boycotting RWP would be ridiculous,, they are on our side, they are just in a bind right now...

Still, I don't see how they don't have an umbrella policy for the entire facility.. !! Seperate insurance for this and seperate insurance for that doen't make sense..

It does sound expensive to ride for a day but to put it in perspective, a friend of mine spends $300 in gas just for his boat. And no, he isn't rich. If we are lucky we might get three hours of use. Fifty bucks to ride for a day is a bargain.

the reson the pratice track is open saturday is because it is covered under the ama insurance cause theres a race on sunday

It does sound expensive to ride for a day but to put it in perspective, a friend of mine spends $300 in gas just for his boat. And no, he isn't rich. If we are lucky we might get three hours of use. Fifty bucks to ride for a day is a bargain.

i never drove up to the ocean and found it closed due to insurance reasons...

i never drove up to the ocean and found it closed due to insurance reasons...

Believe me, if lawyers could sue the ocean if a person drowned they would!

All I can say is , I'm glad I don't live in jersey :thumbsup: , I rode at E town once when I lived in PA, From the price to get in and the race fees, it was the last time I was there. Nice track but not $40/day nice to me. Good luck up there.