Sign in to follow this  

Go on strike E Town

$40 dollars to practice then another $40 to race :thumbsup: I'll just by a F1 car.

I mean once they get the $40.. are they gonna really drop it back down to $30.Does gas go back down that much no!!

I hope so for all are sakes. Maybe we should just go on 'Strike' if you will, untill they get insurance, wich they say is the problem. If that is really the case then how can the practice track be open on Sat,it's has nothing to do with race track insurance so told by an employee. I don't buy because the AMA says it's ok before a race with there insurance.A friend of mines friend tried to contact them he insures tracks all over the U.S. and E town won't even speak with him.

Sounds like a classic case of E- town greed once again. :thumbsup:

Think twice before you **** the Motocross community :bonk:

I spent a few weeks in Louisianna to do some MX riding/racing. The tracks down there charge $15-$20 for the day and those guys think that is expensive. I think the cost differance might be justified in the cost of track insurance. It seems that when people ride too fast, crash and get hurt, they sue the track owner. Laws need to be changed before prices come down.

$40 dollars to practice then another $40 to race :thumbsup: I'll just by a F1 car.

I mean once they get the $40.. are they gonna really drop it back down to $30.Does gas go back down that much no!!

I hope so for all are sakes. Maybe we should just go on 'Strike' if you will, untill they get insurance, wich they say is the problem. If that is really the case then how can the practice track be open on Sat,it's has nothing to do with race track insurance so told by an employee. I don't buy because the AMA says it's ok before a race with there insurance.A friend of mines friend tried to contact them he insures tracks all over the U.S. and E town won't even speak with him.

Sounds like a classic case of E- town greed once again. :thumbsup:

Think twice before you **** the Motocross community :bonk:

If reg. practice goes up to 40 it must have something to do with the insurance problem they are having. They are insured by the AMA so it's hard for me to believe that it was increased that much, if any....

If it goes to 40 and all the riders boycott,.. they will be forced to drop there prices.

I know on a good day they make a ton of money.....especially with the newly employed Mexican flag personnel.....

If it's $40 for the practice track so be it.......it's still a cheap day of fun. Try roadracing....there is no such thing as a $40 practice day. More like $300+ :thumbsup:

njracer

the strike should go on..i love etown but its not fair to me im only 17 and make 7 bucks an' hour ..yes lifes not fair but my parents stopped paying for my shit :thumbsup: i hope it drops back down to 30

if it stays at 40 what happens when someone sues again? it'll jump up to 50 or 60..

The problem is if every one pays the higher prices then all the other tracks will raise there prices as well. Look at Atco wich I think blows they want 35.00 hahahah not me.

Who can afford the sport???? Keep prices down strike,Tell them to give up the drifting track or some other nonsence shit, save Motocross keep prices down. :thumbsup:

If it's $40 for the practice track so be it.......it's still a cheap day of fun. Try roadracing....there is no such thing as a $40 practice day. More like $300+ :thumbsup:

njracer

dude it's not the money for me...i can afford 40 a pop...but there are a lot of people who can't...what about the dads who have 2 or 3 kids riding...i just don't think anyone should be deprived of something they are passionate about...

All of you can go on strike. Have fun not riding. Ill be at the tracks with a big grin on my face. E-Town is my life. I havent rode it all winter. Im going to go this wednesday after school to get in some laps before the race this weekend.

I just got back from ski in Killington Vermont. It was $72 for a single lift ticket for the day. Motocross is cheap.

I just hope is a temporary thing like as in this weekend.

Or it's find another hobby time or relocate or buy some land : :thumbsup:

All of you can go on strike. Have fun not riding. Ill be at the tracks with a big grin on my face. E-Town is my life. I havent rode it all winter. Im going to go this wednesday after school to get in some laps before the race this weekend.

MDR has you covered (mommy daddy racing)

wait till they cut the cord, son.

Testify, son. Tell him how you really feel. :thumbsup:

Did you get that tire on yet?

The way I look at it it sucks!. However, be glad we have a place to ride at the rate of development in NJ and eastern Pa. We are talking about NJ, the $ expensive place to live. I left NJ 17 years ago to go, 1 hour west, it seems like everyone else has the same idea now. Still like NJ but development is sucking up everything around here and the people that build generally don't appear to be the "mx type.!"

I hope all of you do go on strike. I'll have the whole track to myself.I don't like the idea of paying more money, but don't blame raceway park blame the moron(s) who sue.people need to start taking responsibility for their own actions. And another thing $40 is alot cheaper than the $1200 your going to pay when your bike gets impounded for riding in some sandpit in south Jersey.

You know it's not just the 40 fee.. 30 was bad enough, 40 just plain sucks... I travel 2.5 hours and 130 miles each way to go to e-town, spend 40 in gas plus lunch it's a 100.00 a day to ride.. I know at 40 bucks a pop I won't be going as much as last year...

Testify, son. Tell him how you really feel. :thumbsup:

Did you get that tire on yet?

yes..i feel like i shouldnt have to pay that much to ride a track thats 10 mins from me :bonk:

and yes i did get the tire on..but i havent put the wheel back on my bike :thumbsup:

Dude MDR is my biggest sponsor...

:thumbsup::bonk::thumbsup:

asked them about practice price....see reply below

"We only have these 2 practices scheduled. For these 2 yes the price is $40/day. I am not sure what will happen for the rest of the year as we are still trying to acquire regular Practice insurance"

You sound like a bunch of whiny woman complaining about the price.Go ride someplace that is illegal and get a $500 to 1000 fine and get your bike impounded.Or better yet god forbid you get hurt out in the woods,,wheres the ambulance?? So put your baseball cap on backwards,,unlace your workboots,put a 6pack of beer on the back of your bike with duct tape and go ride for free.In the mean time I will be at Etown and support them all the way and if it is only a extra $10 to practice on a awesome track like theres,,so be it.You would all be bitching and complaining like a 3 yr old kid if the track didnt open at all so be lucky that it is.I like the whole idea of having to have a AMA member ship to rider there,this way it will keep out the riff raff and hillbillies :thumbsup: To anyone who cares and if you decide to ask your mommy for your allowance early my number is 215 and I ride a suzuki rmz450 and would gladly like to make some new friends that like to ride safe. See you all,,or some on weds,, :thumbsup: