Renthal Stock bars or Pro Tapers???

I have an 06 CRF 450 R and got T-boned at Hangtown awhile back..now that my leg is healing, I am starting to fix my bike. Should I stick with stock renthals or go to tapers?? Also, blew the water pump and deciding whether the Boyseen water pump will make it run a little cooler during the summer or should I just buy another stock one. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I would personally go with Renthal Twin-Walls. Those are defiantely the strongest bars out there. Ive only bend my stockers on my 04 once, but I replaced them with stock Renthals again because I diddnt feel like buying bigger mounts. However if i bend my bars on my 06 im going with Twin-Walls.

As far as the water pump goes. As long as you buy the Boyesen Impeller too, it will definately help the bike stay cooler. Throw some Engine-Ice in the rads while your at it too.

I have an 06 CRF 450 R and got T-boned at Hangtown awhile back..now that my leg is healing, I am starting to fix my bike. Should I stick with stock renthals or go to tapers?? Also, blew the water pump and deciding whether the Boyseen water pump will make it run a little cooler during the summer or should I just buy another stock one. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Neither.....Id go with Flexx bars.

Ride with them once...youll never go back to a standard bar again.

?

Pro-Taper CR Bend ?

TAG XT1 bars. I bent a pair of renthal fatbars (I'm not even sure how they bent it was a 2nd gear crash).

I'm not sure if those were defective of what but these new XT1 have paid for them self almost. I had a huge crash and broke my pelvis and hip, I saw the bike come down right on the bars HARD, when i got home 16 days later...they were PERFECT still.

They are an oversize bar with a crossbar pad. They are as strong as a renthal twinwall but lighter and they still have better flex and vibe resistace. I love these bars.

I had the stock bars on my 05 and when I went to the 06 i am still running the stock bars. Ussually when Ive crashed the mounts have twisted and I was able to straighten them out. Before I got on the Hondas I used Pro Tapers and loved them, but I dont see why you change something unless it will make you ride faster. Of course Im an old vet rider who has to be tight cause my son has a couple of bikes too.

TAG XT1 bars. I bent a pair of renthal fatbars (I'm not even sure how they bent it was a 2nd gear crash).

I'm not sure if those were defective of what but these new XT1 have paid for them self almost. I had a huge crash and broke my pelvis and hip, I saw the bike come down right on the bars HARD, when i got home 16 days later...they were PERFECT still.

They are an oversize bar with a crossbar pad. They are as strong as a renthal twinwall but lighter and they still have better flex and vibe resistace. I love these bars.

ill second the TAG's... ive gone down a few times with mine and they are still straight... mine are the T-2 series though... ??

The reason I have to look around is my crash trashed my mounts and bars, so figured I'd think about tapers. I loved the stock renthals that came with it, and haven't felt a more comfortable bend yet. I've owned two sets of tapers and bent one but neither really felt that comfortable. Is there a bend that is exact to the renthal stock bend?? I just wonder if i go renthal and crash again I'll be in the same predicument.

The stock bar is a 971 Renthal 7/8" bar

The TWinWall version of the stock bar (exact same dimensions) is the 997 bend.

Go with the Twinwall if you are going to oversize. It is the strongest and safest bar on teh market. THAT is why all the Renthal race teams use teh Twinwall. It's strong and safe, and gives them the best chance to get up from a crash and be able to get back to racing.

The reason I have to look around is my crash trashed my mounts and bars, so figured I'd think about tapers. I loved the stock renthals that came with it, and haven't felt a more comfortable bend yet. I've owned two sets of tapers and bent one but neither really felt that comfortable. Is there a bend that is exact to the renthal stock bend?? I just wonder if i go renthal and crash again I'll be in the same predicument.

The Windham Pro-Taper bend is almost exactly the same bend.

My Windhams have nailed the ground countless time and are still good. The only time I bent Pro Tapers is when I crashed into a tree learning to ride whoops on a 125 when I was a lad. The Windhams have a tad less pullback than stock. I can't really notice the difference but I like the idea. ?