Aluminum-Frame TT500

while your at it, could you photoshop an xl 350 engine into a crf frame for me?! that looks pretty good! I would match the orange part of the tank to the rest of the bike, or the rest of the bike to the tank... it would be simalar to that yz 600 but with a more "vintage" look.

while your at it, could you photoshop an xl 350 engine into a crf frame for me?! that looks pretty good! I would match the orange part of the tank to the rest of the bike, or the rest of the bike to the tank... it would be simalar to that yz 600 but with a more "vintage" look.

I sure will, as soon as you mail me some extra free time.

What YZ600? Where?

i dont remember who, theres a guy here that has a tt600 motor in a newer yz (426?) frame. he's only got close ups of parts of the bike which is kind of annoying- i want to see the whole thing! i think he stops in down here in the vintage forum every now and again, hopefully he'll read this and post his pics for you.

• 2 weeks later...

An ex mechanic who got burnred out on bikes put one of those together for me. We had found a KX-250 that was wadded. Bought it, Tommy spent a lot of time and effort straighting that frame and having it re-heat-treated. It was cherry. Then the mounts were made for it. We used a TT-600 oil bladder behind the left sidecover. I ran a KX gastank with a handmade pipe for the header and a huge supertrapp for a muffler. To say it was fun would be the worlds understatement. When I caught MERSA the first time and damn near died I gave him the bike. He did 90% of the work and he deserved to have the bike. I'm sure it's still thumping around embarrassing modern iron just for meaness sake. I know both Tom and I are getting old, but that bike don't seem to know any better. prairiedawg ?

I had MERSA 3 times after my 4th back surgery. I'd get over it for around 6 months and then I'll be damned if it wouldn't hit again. It pretty much wiped me out the last time. That stuff can and does eat what it wants to eat on you. It ate like the nerves covering without eating the actual nerves. I have about 6 inches of spine like that. Let me tell you that is one painful sonofagun. I can't gripe though I lived through it, and as my dad used to say everyday above ground is a good one. prairiedawg ?

• 2 weeks later...

The idea is neat but the 2 biggest obstacles that swaps involve Is the height of the new motor and getting the right location of the countershaft. The tt motor is about 19" tall; alot taller than a compact 450. Measure where the 450 sprocket goes and compare to a tt . The only way to know for sure is to mock it up. There would be alot of mods in any case.