C6 C7 Herniated Discs

Just got the MRI results and I have C6/C7 herniated discs. I havent met with my doctor yet so I'm not sure what I'm in for. Anyone have experience with this that can shed some light on what I'm in for?

How much pain are you in. I have C5 and C6 herniations, quite severe, and it made my right arm basically useless. I have been through months of PT, and have had the cortizone shot, but I still live on anti-inflamitory's to make the symptoms tolerable, if I have another major flair-up, I will have the fusion surgery. If your symptoms are not that severe, the steroid injection may work for you. Good luck. ?

If you say that your arm is useless, then you should have the surgery without delay. One level is not so bad. They are doing them as outpatient procedures in Houston.

To be more specific about the arm. I was in extreme pain, and had zero strength to the point that my tricep and pec atrophied (sp?). After cervical traction and e-stem, I got the strength back and the pain for the most part is gone. I am considering a scoping procedure that just removes part of the disk and will remove some bone spurs that are present. My absolute last resort would be the disk fusion, but if I have to I will.