Sign in to follow this  

works pipes, white boots

Any ideas of how to make a works pipe maintain it's look? I've heard rubbing oil over it helps take out rust. Also, does anyone have any good solutions they use to keep their boots looking new and white?

WD-40 and a Scotch Brite pad for the pipe.

For the boots, I use Simple Green and the pressure washer.

WD-40 and a Scotch Brite pad for the pipe.

thats my recipie for the pipe...dont know about boots though..

Well, I use Goof Off solution to clean my boots. Then armour-all them up to create a nice shine :thumbsup:

At the right price anything mixes with dirt. Great suggestions, thanks.

I've used Scrub Free bathroom cleaner on bare pipes with great results. Just squirt it on, then lightly rub it with and SOS pad, then while the bike is still wet, spray a light coat of WD40, the wipe it off with the rest of the bike. As for white boots, not even a problem. Use 409 , then Soft Scrub kitchen cleaner to get the black off the inside where the ankles rub the frame. My boots look like new after over a year.

White boots and DIRT don't mix.

I've used naval jelly on the pipe and it gets rust off.

That's strange, every time that I get black boots, they tend to look like crap after about a month, but my white boots stay new looking for at least a year. huh

White boots and works pipes are good for pros who get new gear all the time and have others taking care of it. I'll stick w/ black boots and plated pipes!