Sign in to follow this  

Please pray for my brother.

Hey TT'rs. I was out with a group of guys and my Brother, who is extremely close to me, at the Sand Dunes in Cali. We were 1 minute from returning to our camp when he was hit by another rider. It was a severe crashed that left him hanging to his life by a thread. He could not breathe. He Broke all his ribs on his right side and has multiple punctures in his lung. On top of it he has a severe clavicle break. We were able to rush him to the hospital and luckily within time they were able to get a tube in his chest to release the blood and pressure. It does continue to bleed but he seems to be improving. He is married with 4 kids and the best brother and friend anyone could ask for. He will be in ICU for a while and I ask for all of you fellow TTr's to say a little prayer for him tonight. I don't know all of you but know that this is a great group of people. Thanks for your support.

My prayers go out to your brother. get well soon.

Just saw your post. Prayers and mighty jingles that he makes a quick and complete recovery.

very very sorry to hear, I hope he gets well quickly, and everyone is safe and everything gets better fast!

Done,

Wish him a speedy recovery and you the strength to help him through it.

Thanks! You guys are Awesome! I know that the prayers said throughout the world are helping. I try to spend as much time with him as possible except that on Monday I have surgery on my Clavicle(that broker 4 months ago), so I won't be able to see him for a bit after that. He does continue to improve and is a total jokester. He is trying to keep his spirits up as much as he can. He continues in I.C. U and the Doctor was hoping to take the tube out of his chest cavity but after taking more chest x-rays this morning, he still has more to wait. Too much blood is still draining. He is my older Bro by 2 yrs and 8 days. We were always best friends from the beginning and grew up riding at a young age. I still over the past few days have had flashback nightmares when I sleep and see the accident over and over.

Again, You guys have showed incredible support and he will be happy to read this thread when he gets better.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Thanks! You guys are Awesome! I know that the prayers said throughout the world are helping. I try to spend as much time with him as possible except that on Monday I have surgery on my Clavicle(that broker 4 months ago), so I won't be able to see him for a bit after that. He does continue to improve and is a total jokester. He is trying to keep his spirits up as much as he can. He continues in I.C. U and the Doctor was hoping to take the tube out of his chest cavity but after taking more chest x-rays this morning, he still has more to wait. Too much blood is still draining. He is my older Bro by 2 yrs and 8 days. We were always best friends from the beginning and grew up riding at a young age. I still over the past few days have had flashback nightmares when I sleep and see the accident over and over.

Again, You guys have showed incredible support and he will be happy to read this thread when he gets better.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Keep us posted, good to hear he is doing better. We will keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

AZ Rider,

Thanks for the update. I am glad you brother continues to have a positive attitude. This will help his recovery. As far as the "nightmares" of the accident - they will continue for you for quite some time. I suspect the frequency will lessen as time goes on. Perhaps your brother was lucky you were there to assist and help shorten the time of EMT response! Tell your brother that I said "hello and to hang in there!'

Let me know if I can assist.

Best Regards,

Mike Berg

"Motodad393"

AZ Rider - I am very sorry to hear about your brother, it sounds like he has a positive outlook and that goes a long way. He's also fortunate to have a Bro like you & a strong support system helping him through this. I hope the rest of his family is holding up. Man, it's tough enough out there crashing into rocks, trees, etc. - getting T-Boned by another rider is bad news. Please now that we are sending our thoughts and prayers out for your brother.

Last year we started the RiderDown Foundation to help injured riders & their families - please check it out, maybe there is some way we can help your brother. Click here RiderDown.org. I understand that right now it may be the furthest thing from your mind, but we have a medical bill review program that might come in handy later on when the payment notices start to arrive. We also have some other resources listed to assist with his recovery.

Good luck with your own surgery! Take care & we're pulling for you guys. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

BV