Sign in to follow this  

The new ride is in

I just got the CR500 built by BURNED today and have to say I absolutely love it.

Almost everything is new. The only part I could tell wasn't was the pipe had a small dent in it. Not a big deal though as I don't think I've ever seen a non new 2-stroke pipe in even this good of shape.

Here are a few pictures of it.

CR500018.jpg

CR500018.jpg

CR500016.jpg

CR500015.jpg

CR500012.jpg

CR500006.jpg

CR500005.jpg

CR500001.jpg

Whoa! Is that thing new? Is it being crated to send to the AMA Museum? Fantastic!

That looks like a monster seat! Better bring some depends with you when you ride it though! :thumbsup:

What did Burned do to it? Bigbore, jetting, or did he just fix it and stuff?

Most parts are new the cylinder has been ported and it has the exhaust. He also set up the jetting for me. Do they make a big bore kit for a CR500? He was building it for himself but then decided to sell it.

Most parts are new the cylinder has been ported and it has the exhaust. He also set up the jetting for me. Do they make a big bore kit for a CR500? He was building it for himself but then decided to sell it.

Better put velcrow on the seat if you want to stay on it. :thumbsup:

If you get tired of it PM me :thumbsup:

Do they make a big bore kit for a CR500?

You won't need a big bore kit.I had a ported CR500 for 11 years.Never felt it had a lack of power. :thumbsup:

Did you even ride it yet ?

NICE,I had a kx 5 for a long time.icant tell you how many times it almost killed me.it would go up a tree if you could hang on(SO HANG ON) OH YEAH WATCH THE JUMPS YOU'LL BE ABOVE THE TREES IF YOUR NOT IN THE RITE GEAR (AND THAT SCARY)

Yep I've ridden it. After getting it warmed up I was kind of afraid to get on it hard just because of how you guys talked about it thinking I would kill myself. Yes I have never ridden a CR500 before this. After going around the field once I thought what the heck and started getting on the gas hard it was fast but not uncontrolable like everyone made it sound. It has the perfect amount of power. I think it may be the best bike I've ridden yet. It handles great and has power when I need it but it will also lug it self around. My uncles 03 CR250 doesn't have any power down low and you have to rev it up to ride it this thing is not at all like that it has power from the second you get on the gas.

It was not what I expected because I expected to have some uncontrolable monster and was thinking maybe I shouldn't have bought it after I heard people talk about it. It was too late though. Well It was 100x better than expected and I'm glad I bought it definately the best bike i've ridden. The DRZ didn't feel to heavy when riding but if you had to push it up a hill or something to bump start it it would well this thing doesn't feel half as heavy which is nice.

Overall it's faster than my DRZ440 but not like everyone made it sound it would be.

I'm not usually happy with my purchases like the DRZ I didn't like the e-start as the battery died on me the first day. I don't know I why usually find something I don't like but this is one I love.

Well actually I usually love them just find a flaw or two I'd like to change well not with this one.

I did think I was going to loop it once though I got on the gas in first doing a wheelie for a friend and just got on the gas not really pulling it up but learned you never get on the gas hard in first as it had me straight up in the air I was off the seat on the fender luckily I got my foot to the back brake in time.