Spring Rate: 54N/mm

Sag Level: 102-105mm

Rebound: 7-8

Comp Low: 6-8

Comp High: 1-1.25

Nitro Pressure: 150 psi

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

They wouldn't by chance had the 190-210 settings running around would then? Otherwise, It looks like I better loose about 15-20 lbs to make it within their specs! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I was thinking about that when I was typing that up. It looks like they are following a pattern to a certain degree. For every 20lbs or so, they change the set-up by 1 heavier spring rate and/or 1-2 clicks in on the clickers.

They wouldn't by chance had the 190-210 settings running around would then? Otherwise, It looks like I better loose about 15-20 lbs to make it within their specs! :thumbsup:

They're going up 2N/mm on each end for every 20 lbs (or about 9 kgs).

The fork spring rate is only increasing by 1N/mm but since there are 2 springs, the overall spring force is increase by 2N/mm.

The compression ranges remain the same (since there were no valving changes) and the rebound is stiffened by 2 clicks to offset the increased return energy of the stiffer spring.

Using this methodology you can predict their recommendations for a given weight range.

Run the 56 spring. I'm above 200lb., and just rode with it at an outdoor / rough track. Worked better for me.

Run the 56 spring. I'm above 200lb., and just rode with it at an outdoor / rough track. Worked better for me.

Well, I'm actually hoping to drop another 15 lbs or so... I'll give myself a bit to drop and if I don't drop off like I want, then I'll break down and get a new spring. If I get the spring then its just one less reason for me to keep working at loosing some weight. :thumbsup:

Is the high speed adjuster set from all the way in? in other words is it set 1 turn out or 1 turn in?

The suspension set-ups are broke down by weight:

130-150lbs

FORKS:

Fork Position: 5MM (all weights)

Spring Rate: 4.5N/mm

Oil Volume: Stock

Oil Weight: 5w

Rebound: 12 out

Comp: 6-12 out

REAR SHOCK:

Spring Rate: 50N/mm

Rebound: 8-9

150-170lbs

FORKS:

Spring Rate: 4.6N/mm

Rebound: 10 out

REAR SHOCK:

Spring Rate: 52N/mm

Rebound: 8-9

170-190lbs

FORKS:

Spring Rate: 4.7N/mm

Rebound: 8 out

REAR SHOCK:

Spring Rate: 54N/mm

Rebound: 7-8

All settings are listed in the out (counter clock wise) position from a fully seated (clock wise) position. When turning your settings in to the fully seated position for a starting point, don't force any of the adjustment screws past their seated positions, damage may occur. Use finesse......

Would you believe al these things need are stiffer springs ans a screw-driver?

Told ya!

Great stuff, ain't it?

Okay, just set the sag on the fo-fiddy. It is at 102mm and static is at 25mm. I'm in the 170+ bracket and what the "F" is the 8 out and 8-12 out mean and the settings on the rear 6 and 8???? :thumbsup::thumbsup: I know that after the third ride I turned the front clickers 2 turns on the firmer side and it is alot better. The back is untouched and the tire does'nt rub the fender on the biggest jumps. :bonk:

The "out" you are reffering to is 8 clicks out from all the way in. If you turn your clicker clockwise till it is all the way in (i.e. : no more clicking noises), then back it out 8 clicks. The same goes for the "8-12", that is simply a range for the rider to adjust to their own personal taste. :thumbsup:

The thing that upsets me is that the spring set up from the factory is unbalanced. According to these Team Green spring settings, the bike comes set up for NO ONE. :thumbsup:

Poor R&D from the boys in green. :thumbsup:

Keating

The thing that upsets me is that the spring set up from the factory is unbalanced. According to these Team Green spring settings, the bike comes set up for NO ONE. :thumbsup:

Poor R&D from the boys in green. :thumbsup:

Keating

Get over it.

Same problem for most scoots...these set-ups for "Joe Average" are always WAAAAAAY different than what their testers/racers run.

Get over it.

Same problem for most scoots...these set-ups for "Joe Average" are always WAAAAAAY different than what their testers/racers run.

Well then, for an "Average Joe" such as myself, should I even care too much about what these recommended Team Green settings are? I'm not good enough to even come close to pushing the stock bike to its limits so is it worth getting too carried away with spring rates at this time? Granted, keeping in mind my 205lbs gearless weight.

Well then, for an "Average Joe" such as myself, should I even care too much about what these recommended Team Green settings are? I'm not good enough to even come close to pushing the stock bike to its limits so is it worth getting too carried away with spring rates at this time? Granted, keeping in mind my 205lbs gearless weight.

We need to remember, these are only recommendations! Nothing in stone here. For people that are pretty clueless about suspension this is just a suggestion to were you should go, that has worked for Team Green through hours and hours of testing.

To answer your question...Yes you should worry about spring rates, if your not in the ball park your bike will not work (suspension wise) at the best it can in stock valving form.

If you're 200# and a True Novice/Not pushin' the bike very hard, well, guess what!?!?!?!?

You need to set the sag as close as possible (I'd try to get it to around 98mm) and run the "Light-Weight" recm'd settings on your shock...paying Careful ATTENTION that you have ENUFF 'Rebound' dialed in.

On your forks: Because yer a lil' heavier than Joe Average, you might try a lil' X-Tra oil for some "Poor-mans" bottoming resistance. Again, get the Screw-Driver out and start Clickin'. You'll proll'y run Compression on par with the "Middle" recm'd settings.

Good luck.