TTR 125LE Shift lever questions

Hello all....

I'm brand new to dirt bike riding. I have what may be a stupid question and would really appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Is there a way to adjust the shift lever to make it higher or put a longer aftermarket one on?

I just purchased a TTR - 125LE and rode it for the first time with my boots on. I can't get my foot under the lever to shift at all with the boots on. I ended up having to spend the whole ride taking my foot off the peg and putting it under the lever and shifting with the side of my foot. It didn't make for to nice of a ride. :thumbsup:

I have read the manual several times now and I don't see any information on it. I have also looked in a few places for aftermarket levers but have not been able to find anything.

Thank you for your help.

you can take it off and rotate it a spline up and it will be higher. But i don't see how you could have trouble with getting your boot under it. When you ride, sit up in the middle of the bike so that your toes are pointed more down. I have a size 11 boot and can get my foot under the shifter of my ttr90 that i use as a pit bike just fine. If you sit way back on the seat, then your feet will be more flat and therefore harder to get under the shifter

There are several aftermarket shifters that are longer. They bolt right to the tranny so no more linkage. I have an IMS on mine and am happy with it.

you can take it off and rotate it a spline up and it will be higher

yes you can do that, but they might have double splined it in one spot, and that would not let you change it. But try moving it on the splines.

I know they double spline the splines on drum brakes, so that you cant get the last 1-2mm out of them.

There are many aftermarket shifters for the ttr125 also.

The stock shifter has linkage and is a pain in the a$$ to adjust. As already stated get an aftermarket one that goes directly onto the shift shaft and you can set it to any hight you like.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b122/byggd/?action=view&current=Bikes007.jpg

Thank you all for all your help. I did a search for aftermarket shifters and all I seem to be able to find is for years up to 2005. My TTR is a 2006. Does that make any difference? Can anyone give me a link than will take me to what I am looking for?

Sorry for all the questions. Im inexperienced with all this.

Thank you! :thumbsup:

The shifters should be the same. My TTR is a 2006 and the IMS worked just fine.

yeah save yourself a lot of problems and buy a non linkage shift lever...i wish i would have a long time before i did

Thank you all for your help. It turned out that a huge portion of the problem was that the nuts on the linkage were not tightned up properly and the shift lever was actually far below the foot peg. We adjusted the lever and tightened the nuts. Im in the market for a new shift lever and plan to get rid of the linkage. Thanks again everyone. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Im in the market for a new shift lever and plan to get rid of the linkage. Thanks again everyone. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
you wont regret it

Thank you! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

What is the point of having a linkage? I've never seen this on a dirt bike?

What is the point of having a linkage? I've never seen this on a dirt bike?
to tick people off i think :thumbsup:

Put on a Moose today. very simple and much more positive.

Put on a Moose today. very simple and much more positive.
thats what i have and its near impossibe to bend...i messed up my footpeg but the shifter was still strait as it was before :thumbsup:

a KX100 shift lever will also work because of the bend in it, it it hugs the engine cover

and is never toutch in a crash