06 wr stock pilot jet size and jetting question?

i just installed the Zip ty fuel mixture screw and according to the instructions "if your settings average near seated then a smaller pilot jet may be advised". i have the ZipTy screw at 1.25 turns out and it is were the bike seems to run better.

i installed the GYTR AIS removal kit and the PMB baffle, along with the gray wire and open air box. The GYTR kit gives you a different bleed screw and needle which i replaced.

Before i did all this the bike was running very lean and it turned my pipe blue.

Any advise as far as what pilot jet to use?

should i replace the main as well?

i mostly ride the desert, but do some mountain rides also. ?

I also have an 06 wr250f and ride in Ca, I can tell you what I run works pretty well for down here. I replaced the main and the pilot, as well as the leak jet (bleed screw). I went form the stock main ( which is I think a 168) to a 178, and from a 42 pilot to a 45, and the leak jet that comes with the GYT-R kit is a 90, stock is 80, and everyone around here will recomend a 40, which is also what I use now. The set up is great. Maybe someone else can better explain why not to use the 90 leak jet, but it will help out the zero to 1/4 throttle to run a 40 leak jet.

The only other difference between our bikes is that I run the GYT-R exhaust, but all the other mods are the same.

You can also check the jetting database to see what different people are doing.

Best suggestion would be to purchase a JD jetting kit and install it according to the instructions. This will help out your performance greatly. ?

If your fuel screw is less than 3/4 to 1/2 turn out or less you need a smaller jet, if you are at 2 1/2 or more out you will need a bigger pilot jet. At 1 1/4 your pilot should be fine. ?

The #40 pilot jet allows more fuel into the system when you crack open the throttle.

Jeff

Thanks for the input. ?

I think that i'll leave it for now and go for a ride see how it works but I might go for the 40 jet...

Would all of this mods keep the bike from running lean(turning pipe blue).

Or should i still try to get the dean kit?

The JD kit was the single best improvement in performance and well worth the price (from the TT store), ? and in conjunction with the trottle stop, grey wire, and 40 leak jet the bike is real awesome. Of course it only gets better when you put a White Brothers carbon/titanium YZF exhaust system.

The pipe will generally turn blue anyway. The best way to tell if you are lean is the spark plug test (lighter is leaner) and/or backfiring in decleration. There is also some great info at www.thumperfaq.com and in the jetting database in the sticky at the top of the forum.

Cheers

Jeff

Has anyone tried changing the #70 Pilot Air Jet (5TA-14943-15-00) that is stock on the "06 WR to a #100 or #105 (5TA-14943-28-00) that is stock on the '06 YZ? That was one of the first things that I did on my '02 WR. What is this #115 jet (5UM-1494F-30-00), is that the Main Air Jet? This jet is only found on the '06 WR, my '02 WR had a #200 Main Air Jet.